Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

The dog who saved my life ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia rookie 903
    replied
    hey EDF I agree with Mr. Bones very hard losing a dedicated family member. sorry for your loss what a great picture and she is beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Baker Dan
    replied
    So sorry my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    So sorry for your loss Ed.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Oh this is so sad, EdF . Losing a dearly loved pet is really tough. I wish you well.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• smokinfatties
    replied
    All dogs go to heaven! Sorry to hear, but I am sure Greta loved every minute of hanging by your side especially with all the BBQ. Cheers to Greta!

Leave a comment:

• troymeister
    replied
    EdF So sorry for your loss Ed, Prayers for you and family. Obviously an awesome dog!!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    I'm very sorry EdF. Dogs are such great companions. I'm still mourning the loss of Dessie the Ridgeback who went a few months back. She's in the back next to a big rock I sit on. I still go out there just to reminisce.

Leave a comment:

• cjackw
    replied
    Sorry for your loss, she looks like she was a fun dog! pretty amazing that she discovered your cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed!

• CandySueQ
    replied
    It hurts when they pass on. Great that she saved your life.

My last pup was a Texas rat terror named Tweety Pie. When I started cooking BBQ, she was my #1 sidekick and fan. When she was happy, the wag started just behind the front legs. Still miss her. I was at a meat up years ago where a pig farmer broke up a whole pig to cook. She brought me the tail to cook for her. I did.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tweetytail.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	477774

Leave a comment:

• BourBonQ
    replied
    So sorry Ed. They really are family, and in some ways harder than losing a 2-legged family member! A toast to Gretta...

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Sorry for your loss. It totally sucks. Thoughts with you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, but deep down we know better, and I know better for the three we still have(and the two cats). Gotta treasure them and give them a good life while they're around. It's all a matter of respect.

• Willy
    replied
    I'm so sorry, Ed. We have a wonderful border collie and I almost hope she outlives me. It's tough to imagine life without her.

Leave a comment:

• Jkahnert
    replied
    I am truly sorry for your loss. I am too familiar with the loss of a furry, four legged family member.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}