Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I am 1 for 3 in Bowl Games with a chance to break even tomorrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am 1 for 3 in Bowl Games with a chance to break even tomorrow....

Yep, with my Bs, Ms and PhD degrees coming from Georgia tech, Oklahoma and Stanford and my fourth favorite team being whoever plays Notre Dame (today it was LSU---not usually my favorite but I was cheering for them today) I was down 0-2 until Stanford clobbered the turtles. Maryland's team does have the best looking helmets in all of football though.

Now if Tech can upset Miss State it will make me even and happy---since I have a large wager on the game.... of course in the case of this wager the loser makes a sizable donation to the charity of the winner's choice.

Hope your teams are doing well (assuming they are not Mississippi State)

OH man, Oklahoma got clobbered. It looked like Bob Stoops gave his offensive playbook to Dabo.

LSU has got a YOUNG team Too young. Last two years they led the NFL draft in underclassmen. I think 11 last year.

Comment

My Buckeyes are down to their 3rd string QB so I am not feeling very confident about the Bama game. Next year was supposed to be the year but the team jelled early it seems. Hoping the B1G does well in the bowls. 2-3 right now but some tough games coming up. I found it odd the the B1G teams were under dogs in EVERY bowl game. they are 3-2 ATS though.

Comment

SEC is cleaning up as expected, just one snafu with LSU. I went to 4 different colleges including Hawaii and Georgia, I grew up a Razorback fan and they are my favorite despite never having gone there.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Ummmmm...TCU is CRUSHING Ole Miss. I admit I did not see this coming

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they went downhill, Arkansas already shut them out.

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to rub it in but Miss. State is getting a major beat down too. SEC west is struggling. Hoping that trend continues for 24 hours more. Auburn should beat a crappy Wisconsin team by a LOT.

TCU crushing Ole Miss---yes, we all saw that ...Baylor and TCU both thought they should be where Ohio State is going to be and I don't disagree either would have been a better choice (sorry FLBuckeye) and I think they are going to show it.....

My guess is when you see the Ohio STate performance you might just agree.....

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          You realize tOSU is playing their 3rd string QB? The guy with ONE career start? The 1st string guy was a Hesiman front runner prior to getting hurt. His replacement finished 5th in the Heisman voting. I will be very interested in how Sparty plays Baylor. The Big 12 has been getting creamed (Oklahoma, Texas, WVA) so we shall see. If tOSU can weather the initial storm, they should have a chance.

I think Ohio State will surprise a lot of people, the only team I dislike more in college football is Notre Dame, but I think they deserve to be there. When you play a schedule as pathetic as Baylor and TCU, regardless of how good they are, you don't deserve to be at the top. Alabama for example plays the best teams in the country almost every week and by the end of the year they are beat up. Baylor played what, 2 ranked teams? One of them was TCU and the other a 3 loss Kansas State.

I'd put a 2 loss SEC or BIG10 team over even a 0 loss Big12 team.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call!!!

Originally posted by John View Post
        (snip) When you play a schedule as pathetic as Baylor and TCU (snip)
        hah. Hmmm Baylor and TCU have OU, texas Tech, Oklahoma State, West Va, Kansas State... Alabama and LSU played some tough games but they had their share of "sam Houston State" "florida atlantic" usm, etc.

TCU faced 5 teams in the regular season now ranked in the top 20. Ohio State faced TWO.
        Just don't see you point....

Comment

Not sure what ranking you are looking at, but according to the current playoff rankings TCU faced only 2 teams in the top 20, Baylor and Kansas State, losing one of them.

OU was 8-5 and embarrassed in their bowl, Texas Tech 4-8 (not sure why you would include them), OSU 6-6 losing 5 straight beginning with TCU and ending in Baylor, WV 7-6, Kansas State is actually decent.

Should also mention how great TCU looked in their divisional championship game... co-champions, so they did already get their participation trophy
          Last edited by _John_; December 31, 2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

On a side note... my team won the Fiesta Bowl... #happy

Comment

• _John_
              _John_ commented
              Editing a comment
              Was a good game, I thought they might at least get one last touchdown on you. Would've been a nailbiter for sure to get a 2 pointer fot OT.

TCU Thats five
            Sat, Aug 30 1-0 (0-0)
            Sat, Sept 13 2-0 (0-0)
            Sat, Sept 27 3-0 (0-0)
            Sat, Oct 4 4-0 (1-0)
            Sat, Oct 11 4-1 (1-1)
            Sat, Oct 18 5-1 (2-1)
            Sat, Oct 25 6-1 (3-1)
            Sat, Nov 1 7-1 (4-1)
            Sat, Nov 8 8-1 (5-1)
            Sat, Nov 15 9-1 (6-1)
            Thu, Nov 27 10-1 (7-1)
            Sat, Dec 6 11-1 (8-1)
            CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL
            Wed, Dec 31 12-1 (8-1)

Comment

And Ohio State---that's two OK three if you go to the top 25 instead of top 20 which I said. My point is that the claim TCU doesnt face a tough schedule is just wrong. Now I am no Frog fan, but IMHO they earned that top 4 spot. Obviously my vote didnt count though
              Sat, Aug 30 1-0 (0-0)
              Sat, Sept 6 1-1 (0-0)
              Sat, Sept 13 2-1 (0-0)
              Sat, Sept 27 3-1 (0-0)
              Sat, Oct 4 4-1 (1-0)
              Sat, Oct 18 5-1 (2-0)
              Sat, Oct 25 6-1 (3-0)
              Sat, Nov 1 7-1 (4-0)
              Sat, Nov 8 8-1 (5-0)
              Sat, Nov 15 9-1 (6-0)
              Sat, Nov 22 10-1 (7-0)
              Sat, Nov 29 11-1 (8-0)
              Sat, Dec 6 12-1 (8-0)

Comment

OK, Nothing can bum me out now that my Yellowjackets have won. I hope ALL your teams win for the rest of the year. (posted 12/31/2014 at 10:51 PM)

Comment

Note the #4 Oklahoma, that was the ranking when they played them not their current standing.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Note the #4 Oklahoma, that was the ranking when they played them not their current standing.
                    You are correct... I misstated. At least they seemed like strong opponents at the time... still it is hard pressed to call tht schedule "pathetic" and be impressed by the Ohio State schedule.

We'll know soon enough how the Buckeyes hold up in the big time this year.

Comment

LOL So FunnyClick image for larger version

Name:	10897775_10153012514249306_2685523501454150062_n.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	46987

Comment

• fracmeister
                        fracmeister commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Of course there is always that other possibility....I can't wait for this game!

• FLBuckeye
                        FLBuckeye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Uhhhh...not so much...LOL

• fracmeister
                        fracmeister commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, but at least they can be glad the Tide didn't play the Oregano Ducks!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo
                    Meat-Up in Memphis