Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vid: BBQ with Franklin: The Payoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vid: BBQ with Franklin: The Payoff

Not too bad... not sure if there are some people around here who don't like Franklin or not... this is decent though > Vid: BBQ with Franklin: The Payoff

I enjoy Aaron Franklin's videos and his first name is pretty cool too. He doesn't seem concerned with temperature, but his system works since he knows he's using a set quality of brisket, a set level of trimming and prep, and a set fire and cooker method. Perhaps he keeps a few things secret, after all he wants you to buy his wares or he'd be closing up shop.

Comment

I love his videos, he is about to do a second season. I don't think he really cares about secrets, he is very outspoken about what he does, and that he will never open more than one location despite many offers. He is living the way he wants, and honestly I bet he has made enough money to not have to worry much.

Comment

If that's true I highly respect him. What's the point in getting so big (multiple locations) you lose your joy and increase your stress? Smart man. My hat's off.

Comment

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          If you don't watch him, check out this clip, we'd be good buddies.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNa4EMUWnAc

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I watch Franklin, I really enjoy his videos. I wish they were longer.
          I don't get the Forrest Gump apple video connection though, for it seems I must not be "a smart man".....

Here's another good one, love his comments on his pricing, talks about franchising too.
        http://kut.org/post/aaron-franklin-b...ose-long-lines

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Here's another good one, love his comments on his pricing, talks about franchising too.
          http://kut.org/post/aaron-franklin-b...ose-long-lines
          What I appreciate from this interview is that (to paraphrase) he allots '6 hours for ribs, and it usually ends up being more like 7 hrs for ribs to get done.'

I find the EXACT same to be true. I am glad the man himself runs into this.

Comment

I'm starting to realize what he means about them burnt finger tips. My poor phalanges were screaming this weekend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis