Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

What's the Temp / Weather Where You're At?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    GOOD MORNING BOYS AND GIRLS OF "THE PIT"! RIBBERS ONE AND ALL! Why in the H--- Can't I Learn to Keep My Big Mouth Shut?
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	25
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	269983

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    GOOD MORNING BOYS AND GIRLS OF "THE PIT"! RIBBERS ONE AND ALL! January is About Shot and for Most of the Month the Wx was Milder than
    December? To that end I have Posted the Last Three Days Wx Maps! Tomorrow and Going into February Cooler Temps are Forecast?

Saturday 28 Jan 17. Sunday 29 Jan 17. Monday 30 Jan 17. Tuesday 31 Jan 17

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	269622Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	269623Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	269624Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	269625
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; January 31, 2017, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andy.wpg
    commented on 's reply
    I've done the tent at -40 thing when I was in the military. We had a fire watch at all times and a coleman lantern in the tent. Its gets surprisingly comfortable in there with that lantern going at all times!

• FireMan
    replied
    We're already up to minus 1, but, the sun is shining & the winds are down to about 5mph, so it's OK.

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    You know it's cold when an igloo pops up on your weather screen! Ha!

• Locotech
    commented on 's reply
    GadjetGriller lol, I WISH I'd been an engineer, great $$$ and not a bad job. I on the other hand, was a mechanic, the one the engineer called to bitch about something.

• Shane Rakow
    commented on 's reply
    Now that's just gross.

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    GOOD MORNING BOYS AND GIRLS! RIBBERS ONE AND ALL! You just Never Can Predict the Wx Here at the Bottom of Glacial Lake Aggassiz! Wishing all
    Happy Holidays and an improvement in Your Wx Too!

Click image for larger version

Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	252334Click image for larger version

Views:	26
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	252333Click image for larger version

Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	252335Click image for larger version

Views:	28
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	252336

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Well, that little heat wave was just that, a wave! Touched 60 and started falling. All the way down to 28*!

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    Kool (no Pun intended) somehow I bet doing anything in -40C is not that fun. So are you a Train Engineer? (retired) Wow -10C I'd have frozen my face off lol I'd bet I'd like your stories!! Sounds very interesting!

• Locotech
    commented on 's reply
    any colder than about -45C and some wind will freeze water like that. My son's a paramedic in a place called Kapuskasing Ontario, they were -54C with the wind chill the other night. General Motors has a cold testing facility there.

• Locotech
    commented on 's reply
    GadjetGriller they make sleeping bags that they say are good to -40, but the coldest I've been out sleepin' is about -10 to -15 C. I'm retired now because I didn't want to do another winter. Tryin to start a locomotive in the -40C range really sucked.

• richinlbrg
    replied
    At 10pm last night, it was 33* and falling slowly in Northern, VA

At 4:30 this morning it was 53*, and almost 60* now.

Leave a comment:

• Yno
    replied
    Down to 30* at night, but sunny and a beautiful 52* by day in San Jose. That is Fahrenheit, we still haven't learned our metric system here.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on your retirement. Retirement is much better than you might think.😬 There's much more time to study your addictions. Mine being bread and BBQ.🤠

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}