Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic (college football observation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    Babe Ruth once said this after he was asked why he made more money than the President, Calvin Coolidge. He said "I had a better year". LOL

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    That was under the previous administration. It's OK for Auburn to pay Cam Newton's dad $180k but not for Ohio State players to sell their OWN items for tats? The NCAA is a joke

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    provided they don't get banned from post season play again

• Breadhead
    replied
    How did college football coaches become the highest paid government employees? Some of them make 10 times what the President of the United States of America does. Well... They seem to be better decision makers, maybe that's it.

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    Beating Bama was great as I live in FL and there are a LOT of SEC smack talkers around here. We contained all three Heisman finalists in our last three games. People seem to forget that Barrett finished 5th in that vote. Once we got past Bama, I was very confident we would beat Oregon.
    It truly is a great time to be a Buckeye. Urban Meyer isn't going anywhere and with him at the helm, we will contend most years

O H

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    Hey FLBuckeye! I had to look this thread up and brag a bit. Where the hell were you when I needed you? LOL
    Just kidding, it's a great time to be a Buckeye! The FIRST UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Also a first, going against three heisman contenders - in a row- and making them invisible, well two contenders and a winner (all while our 2nd string QB heisman contender was out with a broken ankle no less) GO BUCKS!

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    Going to be a great game this coming Monday. Although my Buckeyes are a 7 point dog (the line is now down to 6) I have a good feeling about the game.

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty good prediction!

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    Hey fracmeister, that's a great idea. However I never bet on my team, college or pro. I have enough anxiety without gambling on them to add to it LOL. The only bets I make are on myself, when playing my Dad in chess or at the craps table in Vegas.

Jim

• fracmeister
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, sorry if my tone offended but in the spirit of friendly competition I offer 3DJ the following wager. If Ohio State wins I donate 25$ to Operation Barbecue Relief, one of the few charities I see supported by amazingribs.com (http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/...ue_relief.html)

If Oregon wins, 3DJ donates the same amount to them. SO we can have a Q bet and do some good. How does it sound to you?

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    You got me 3DJ! Any given Saturday right......

I still think the BCS shows heavy favoritism to OSU, but they won. I was glad to see Bama get beat, so it wasn't all bad for me.

I am not sure if the Ducks were that good or Fla. State was that bad - I didn't watch the whole game.

We'll see, but now my OSU co-workers are about drive me up the wall, but hey - that's football!!

Oh, and a big GO DUCKS!!!! LOL

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    Still offering? Did I miss something? Do you have a horse in this race or is this how you make friends? ... I'm not saying ... Just saying. I did see you mention we were not deserving because we lost a couple of NC games from 7 years ago? Lol really? "come on man" - wise words from another great Buckeye Cris Carter. Or as another Great Buckeye said last night, how do you do this all while going onto your 3rd string QB-Kirk Herbstreit.

Anyway I'm in Columbus and a BBQ bet would be fun, but I don't see receiving you Que via airmail would taste as well as it could :-)

• fracmeister
    commented on 's reply
    I am still offering to make a friendly wager --I will take the hapless Oregano Ducks against the all powerful death star Ohio State that just trounced number one Alabama....I know it is absurd of me, but a friendly Q related wager might be acceptable....foolhardy as it would be to bet against that juggernaut that is the Ohio State Buckeyes.... just saying....

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    So HC in SC. So much for your theory of Bama being a "far superior football team" and is as ridiculous as you suggesting we paid our way into the playoffs. Funny how your favorite team was anyone playing Bama except for the team that could take it to them and kick Saban in the nuts as you wished lol.

Anyway buddy, hope all is good in the new year and BBQ. Just couldn't let you off the hook for your off colored remarks regarding the Buckeyes!

Jim

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    At least Noter Dame isnt playing in the championship. They really bring the haters out (including me). Previously I said they were the college equivalent of the Cowboys, I was wrong. They are the college equivalent of the Raiders! 😄

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis