Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic (college football observation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mizzu beating Bama??? That's funny...ain't going to happen...Go Bama Go

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
      Mizzu beating Bama??? That's funny...ain't going to happen...Go Bama Go
      So do you want to give me the 27.5?

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        27.5 points still wasn't enough...42-13

Somebody COULD have made some money off of me....

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that I would have bet with you but I didn't see the post until after the game was over.

If Florida State messes up and loses, Ohio State is ALL OVER that fourth spot. Everyone else won too big to drop out.

Comment

My son posted on facebook...."If Ohio State gets in the final four then the terrorists win" I guess he is remembering how they stank it up in the BCS championship games...Nonetheless I am happy to see the Frogs and Bears do so well.

Comment

FSU tried hard to give it away to Tech, but they pulled it out.

I'll be pulling for TCU from here on out - since I don't have a dog in the hunt, I'll root for the underdog!

Comment

Seems a little worse to get left out of a group of 4 that includes a team you beat (TCU), than simply not being in the top two to play for a National Title.....that's gotta hurt.

I hope FSU gets WAXED....then things really look jacked up.
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 7, 2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Roll Tide, Roll! I missed the first half because I was traveling. 2nd half was great. The part I saw contained no drama for a change. On to New Year's.

Comment

No need to pull for TCU.

No need to worry about that controversy. TCU and Baylor BOTH OUT!!

Comment

I hope Oregon cremates FSU. 42-10 would be nice.

Comment

• HC in SC
                    HC in SC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the team (Oregon) but WTFudge is up with those fugly unis? Geez Louise!!

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty good prediction!

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                  No need to pull for TCU.

No need to worry about that controversy. TCU and Baylor BOTH OUT!!
                  and either one a better choice than Ohio State, IMHO

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeh, Wisconsin layed down good so the Big Ten could collect $6 million.

Go Bucks! Don't care if there's haters out there! Those of you that talk about us stinking it up in the BCS we did, but we also won more BCS games than anyone. If we play like we did against Whisky, It is going to be a great game against the best opponent we have seen in years. I have been hoping for this match up for a long time. On to our 3rd string QB that got the MVP in his first start for the BIG Championship game. Just hope the lights aren't too bright and that Bama D isn't as fast as they say they are. Once again, playing in the SEC backyard.

Comment

• HC in SC
                    HC in SC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You got me 3DJ! Any given Saturday right......

I still think the BCS shows heavy favoritism to OSU, but they won. I was glad to see Bama get beat, so it wasn't all bad for me.

I am not sure if the Ducks were that good or Fla. State was that bad - I didn't watch the whole game.

We'll see, but now my OSU co-workers are about drive me up the wall, but hey - that's football!!

Oh, and a big GO DUCKS!!!! LOL

• fracmeister
                    fracmeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok, sorry if my tone offended but in the spirit of friendly competition I offer 3DJ the following wager. If Ohio State wins I donate 25$ to Operation Barbecue Relief, one of the few charities I see supported by amazingribs.com (http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/...ue_relief.html)

If Oregon wins, 3DJ donates the same amount to them. SO we can have a Q bet and do some good. How does it sound to you?

• 3DJ
                    3DJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey fracmeister, that's a great idea. However I never bet on my team, college or pro. I have enough anxiety without gambling on them to add to it LOL. The only bets I make are on myself, when playing my Dad in chess or at the craps table in Vegas.

Jim

And here we are so complimentary about each other's Q!

Comment

• HC in SC
                    HC in SC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At least Noter Dame isnt playing in the championship. They really bring the haters out (including me). Previously I said they were the college equivalent of the Cowboys, I was wrong. They are the college equivalent of the Raiders! 😄

Going to be a great game this coming Monday. Although my Buckeyes are a 7 point dog (the line is now down to 6) I have a good feeling about the game.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beating Bama was great as I live in FL and there are a LOT of SEC smack talkers around here. We contained all three Heisman finalists in our last three games. People seem to forget that Barrett finished 5th in that vote. Once we got past Bama, I was very confident we would beat Oregon.
                    It truly is a great time to be a Buckeye. Urban Meyer isn't going anywhere and with him at the helm, we will contend most years

O H

• smarkley
                    smarkley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    provided they don't get banned from post season play again

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That was under the previous administration. It's OK for Auburn to pay Cam Newton's dad $180k but not for Ohio State players to sell their OWN items for tats? The NCAA is a joke

How did college football coaches become the highest paid government employees? Some of them make 10 times what the President of the United States of America does. Well... They seem to be better decision makers, maybe that's it.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                    FLBuckeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Babe Ruth once said this after he was asked why he made more money than the President, Calvin Coolidge. He said "I had a better year". LOL

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis