Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic (college football observation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic (college football observation)

Three teams have won nine games each season since 2008 when Bo Pellini took over at Nebraska. Two of then are Number one and two in the current polls (Alabama and Oregon). The third is Nebraska and they fired their coach for it. Tough job being a college football coach.

My favorite teams are Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Stanford and whoever is playing Notre Dame so I don't have a dog in the hunt with the cornshuckers but just sayin....

Your teams, were those locations of your first frac jobs?? Seem rather scattered.

Bo seemed a little "off kilter"

Like a time bomb waiting to explode, and did explode at times.

Was a great defense coordinator at LSU....head coaching position seemed a little over the top for him (stress wise), even though they did well. Course they almost lost to McNeese (where I graduated from)....at home....holy crap. That is a "division 2" school.

I don't have a dog in the hunt either, but I hope Nebraska does not win more than 4 games each of the next three seasons.

Comment

Anyone but Alabama. Not so much a Bama hater as I am a Nick Saban hater. No skin in this game either, don't care, just beat Bama. Oh, beat Notre Dame too - they are like the college equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys.
      Last edited by HC in SC; December 1, 2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I enjoy tormenting the Cowboy fans at work.

I am pro-SEC.

As for as the Saints. Drew Brees- 5+ interceptions = loss; 5+ touchdowns = win.

Comment

• HC in SC
          HC in SC commented
          Editing a comment
          The Saints of today are strating to look like the Aint's of yester-year. The old dude in the stands during the Cincy game that intercepted the ball thrown to the Bengals fan in the stands has more gumption than the NO defence - lol.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        Your teams, were those locations of your first frac jobs?? Seem rather scattered.

I graduated from the first three with BS/MS/PHD and was raised to hate the South Bent clan. Long story.

Comment

Got it. MS from McNeese, not smart enough to get accepted to purse a MS at LSU.

Now I just PHD= Pile it Higher and Deeper
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 30, 2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Just hate Dallas and Notre Dame, though Ohio State is right up there. Nebraska is trying to relive their 90's prime and it just isn't gonna happen, they haven't had the talent in 2 decades. Though there were other circumstances, they will have a very hard time finding a coach that is worth anything if he knows that anything other than 10 wins and division championship is a losing season.
            Looking at the differential in talent, he's done way more than Saban has.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post

​I graduated from the first three with BS/MS/PHD and was raised to hate the South Bent clan. Long story.

Comment

One thing I hope the rankers remember is JUST HOW BAD Ohio State stank it up both when they went to the BCS final games. Let's not waste those last four spots on Ohio State. But if there is an upset of the FSU/AL/TCU/Oregano teams I am sure OSU will get in when clearly Baylor would be the better choice. Arguably better than the Frogs.

Comment

I think it will be TCU though I think Baylor is better. I'm interested in how they rank them, I think no matter what they want an Alabama Oregon championship game.

Comment

I got my BA at a tiny little state school in Florence, SC - we had a golf and a soccer team I think - lol.

Also starting to root against Ohio State - many of their fans are a bit over-the-top; especially seeing how they have a schedule of nobodies that they will still lose a couple games to.

I am one of those rare people in SC that likes both Carolina AND Clemson. Since I didn't go to either, I just like them to do good.

When they play each other I just like to see a good game and not a lopsided blowout.

Those Lou Holtz years at USC were completely embarrasing -- Lou is another Nick Saban, except he didn't win. LOL

Comment

Call me a Saban booster, then. Roll Tide! Could not be happier with the Iron Bowl result. Now to get past Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by archer.2010 View Post
                        Call me a Saban booster, then. Roll Tide! Could not be happier with the Iron Bowl result. Now to get past Missouri.
                        Get by Missouri....the team that lost to UGA 34-0? The team that lost to 4-8 Indiana? You should be offering 4 touchdowns. I might take 27.5 points, just to make it interesting

Comment

• archer2010
                          archer2010 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ha! Did you see the Tide's opening quarter against Western Carolina? I try not to take anything for granted. RTR

Always worth checking...some in Alabama are anxious to leave some money on the table....

Comment

You want to see the hater in me come out? Bring up Alabama. And yet I sit and watch every Bama game. When you figure that out please let me know. HAHAHAHA

Comment

• HC in SC
                            HC in SC commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're not alone, but I watch as a #1 fan for whoever they are playing. Looks like this week I'll be a Tigers booster - Go Mizzou! I am also hoping to see Saban get nailed in the nuts with a stray football. Lol

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis