Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another theft

Here's another one
    http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Sm...438403413.html

Grrr.

I wonder what these people think when they plan something like this? Sad day.

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF. I was coming to the same conclusion. I'm afraid even if they find the cooker, it's going to be so out of shape it would take a month before it was cooking right again. 😔

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to all that trouble for a couple of bucks? And what happens if the scrapyard questions the delivery, plus all the work to turn it into scrap? I just can't wrap my head around these heists.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, unlike in Batman movies or "The Usual Suspects", the criminal mind at this level tends not to be the brightest bulb in the package.

I certainly hope they are able to recover their smoker...
    Stuff like this is jus' rotten', stealin' not only people's hard earned possessions, but their livelihood, as well...

Comment

I hope some neighbors find him before the police do.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto!

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Officer, I think he tripped and fell when he was trying to run away from us.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        JCGrill insert "rim shot" here.

And another one in Leesburg, VA.

ResQ BBQ had their trailer stolen this weekend...

"I need some help please, someone decided to steal our Smoker Trailer Saturday night. If you see it or remember seeing it being towed by a non ResQ vehicle, please let me know. Thanks"

Unfortunately, it is all black; no real distinguishing markings that I remember. I loved seeing it going through town. Have meant to get a pic of their truck. A nice pig pic saying "I love butts and I cannot lie."

Comment

Robbery is the quickest payout compared to legit hard work. Criminals are like animals- take what you need, survival of the fittest. Sad & distressing.

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on my experience in Corporate thefts, my opinion is that if people put as much mental muscle into their job as they did their criminal behavior, they'd be better off. But it might take a bit longer, but then again, they'd not have to spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulder.

A Short Rope and a Long Drop solves Many Problems! Absolutely Cures Recitvism! Frees Up Jail Cells! Reduces the Number of Good Boys That Go Bad❓
        If the SOB Was Any Good He Wouldn't Have His Grub Hooks on Others Property! IMHOP!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Sadly, this is why I think we are failing as a country... No respect left for much of anything in this country these days. People need to get back to porch sittin and meeting their neighbors. I am not indignant to this.. I served my time out in the worst parts of this planet in the in defense of a free country. I am saddened by how some choose to take advantage of the freedoms that those better than I sacrificed everything for.

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, FlaBouy , and well said!

guys, put up a hive of bees. even a dummy hive, at night, you can't tell the difference. you can reason with a person, even, if you must shoot a dog (or better, drug him) but, there's no arguing with a bunch of bugs. and most folks don't know enough about bees to know that they won't come out at night. so, if there's a hive nearby, they won't come near.

Comment

Maybe, when you shut your cooker down for the night. Wrap it in electric fence, Surprise!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis