Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet speeds around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet speeds around the world

Click image for larger version

Name:	speedtest.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	356594

One of my clients has a Cox Fibre Channel Internet connection in their building. I've never seen speeds like this for the Internet.

509Mbps download / 30 Mbps upload

This is in the Phoenix Metro area. Specifically Zip Code 85226

What kind of speeds do you have and where are you located (just approximate)

Best regards,
    Jim
    PS If you've never tested it, web site is http://www.speedtest.net

51.75 mbps Download 12.08 Mbps Upload. in the Twin Cites, at 55391. I have fibre at work and the connection is insane.

Comment

50 Mb symmetric, 50 in, 50 out. The 50 out was a key decider for switching to FIOS. Cost less than the Comcast / Xfinity, that was 30 in, sort of, and never better than 6 out.

Comment

6 in .75 out, typical, on Speakeasy Speedtest...
        ATT, not some recent opportunist...

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you, Bones. But this speed 8yrs ago wasn't even available, and 12yrs ago in the dial-up days it was only reserved for the white house!

This confirms my belief that Comcast/xfinity sucks. Paying for 50 mbps.and getting more expensive all the time.

Comment

Forgot to include the price for that speed. $700 per month

Comment

• JonnyB
            JonnyB commented
            Editing a comment
            $700 a month??? You can get that speed here for $69.95, and thats up and down! 1 gig is only $89.95.

I have 100Mb download, 10Mb upload. For a measly 35 USD/month. Sweden jumped on the fiber bandwagon early. The government is installing fiber to almost every backcountry household. They realize that if everyone has fiber then people can work from home a lot more, which means people will stay where they are instead of everyone moving into the (few) big cities.

It is kind of nice though, you rarely come across either a home or work office with less than 100Mb. Let's me stream Spotify music at high quality all day :-)

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            That is sweet!

32 Mbits down and 12 Mbits up. Xfinity business account with no throttling. Denver, CO.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to leave anyone out. Should have titled Internet speeds around the world.
            Most people in the US are maxed at about 50Mb. Mine at home is only 20Mb down and .75 up. Century Link descendant of a Baby Bell
            so if everyone by you is at 100 you're definitely beating the USA

Best regards,

Jim

Comment

I think we're supposed to get 50/10. The 10 is pretty accurate, the 50 is probably closer to 35.

Comment

I had Comcast at the house a few months ago. They closed off/sealed some ports on the splitter under the house. (Where the different lines run to different areas in the house ie DVR and other tv boxes) The splitter if not closed off leaks your signal. Then they worked on a transfer box down the street.

I am now over 400 download and over 100 upload.

It took 3 visits from Comcast technicians to get the correct guy. My kids kept complaining about the Internet going out and having a weak signal.

Comment

Internet is not cheap in the states is what I'm learning. I'm on the outskirts of a very small town/village kinda in the boonies but still close to that small town. I don't have a lot of options. I have AT&T's 12Mb service. I just did a speed test and I get 10+ down and 0.9 up. It sounds measly by comparison, but I can stream Netflix or Hulu on 2 sep TVs at once, HD no buffering, and still have decent speed on my computer & phone. So, even though it isn't cheap for what I get (~$60/mo) it works for what I need it to do.

Comment

I have 50 down and 10 up...I would happily sacrifice download speed to increase upload because of my show...alas...not so lucky!

Comment

Mine has been pretty consistent over the last few years - 30 down and 27 up. It's supposed to be 50 down, but I don't normally notice any lag, so I'm not worried about it. Verizon Fios 23112 zip.

Comment

My provider here in Clarksville, TN (37040) is through the city electric company (CDE Light Band). I also have my cable through them and together its $111. I get 250 mbps up and down. The last test I did last week was 253 download and 267 upload. They recently upgraded to 1 Gig service, and 250 is the minimal you can get. 250 costs $44.95 a month, 500 is $69.95, and 1 gig is $89.95. Not bad pricing at all. In fact, when they upgraded, I went from 50 to 250 at no cost. If you live out of city limits though, you are SOL!
                        https://cdelightband.com/tcg/internet/
                        Last edited by JonnyB; August 4, 2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis