Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share "YOUR" music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share "YOUR" music!

I throw this challenge out to you musicians. We seem to all run in a bunch. Mr. Bones? Huskee? Others? Here is a place to do it. I love home grown music and I would love to hear yours. I know there is a musician or two on these threads. It really is as simple as grabbing a go pro, or a cell phone. Lets get to sharing! I need some smokin music!

My latest...

If you go to the actual video, man, there is a story behind this old guitar.

Love the idea of this thread! Although I feel I will be the most embarrassed wannabe here, I'll contribute as I can.

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL brother, I am embarrassed every time I play a gig. Go for it!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Th' very day yer not embarrassed, an' think ya' know it all, is th' very day ya' stop bein' a musician, an start bein' an arsehole...
      Leastways, that's how I see it, Brotha!

Very enjoyable! However, the last thing you want to hear is me singing.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Love to hear ya'!!
      If it's REAL BAD!!!!...
      My hotrodded Fender Twin has a "Volume" knob LOL!!!

Who needs Steve Earle when we have Lonnie Mac! Nice voice there Lonnie.

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you brother! I know there are not a "lot" of us in here, but I'll bet there area few. I'd love to hear it!

Here's a very poor quality (in more ways than one) and brief video of me during some downtime at work playing a Def Leppard guitar solo (Hysteria). I've never recorded anything I've written although maybe some day, for now I just copy.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool but too short.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice work dude! Like others have said, stretch that out a little bit!

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just getting into and it stopped but I got my money’s worth. Very cool!

Boys I'd Purely Love to Join You but the GL rendered Me Tone Deaf❓ I can't even Tune an AM Radio! I've been Told I Improve after a Qt or Two❓
    Peat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

lonnie mac that was some excellent pickin and singin. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brother!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Great vocals.

Lonnie, that was excellent man...thanx for startin' this thread. There should be some great talent here. Reminds me of John Prine.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brother! Yea, one of my all time heros.

Posting this for my middle Son. Dang they all can play!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful job!!!

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Obviously, good genes.

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        Enjoying all this immensely! Good Singin’ Good Playin’

Just had a brisket & ribs BBQ Jamfest yesterday with my bandmates. I made a brisket and a few racks of ribs, wives made the sides, and we set up on my back deck and played the afternoon & evening away. My buddy filmed it all and is editing out the in-between nonsense and soundchecks & such. So when he sends me the video I will post a brief clip of it. Don't worry, I won't post my tone deaf self singing anything, but I'll post me on the drums. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, our talent level is 6 at best, but we have a lot of fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0130.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	358476

Comment

I can't wait man! I KNOW there must be a ton of musicians here. Hopefully folks can post up some homegrown vids too! Drums huh! Can't wait to see it. I really suck at drums, but I have a ton of fun trying and that's what it's about. I give my drum talent level a 2! LOL.

See for yourself!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          This is so cool Lonnie. It is amazing what music can do. The way it makes you feel. There is nothing like it. Thanks for sharing this. I love the parrot too! You are the man Lonnie.

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks brothers! Spinaker brother, two spoons clacking on a cast iron pan. That's all it takes to make music!

• Willard
          Willard commented
          Editing a comment
          lonnie mac I’m so glad I saw this thread. Thanks so much for starting it. So much talent. Very enjoyable!

lonnie mac I am no musician but I've saved this thread. I love it. Thank you sir for putting yourself out there. Huskee my first concert was a festival in Virginia I think out on by a Radio Station Q107 or Q103 when I was 11in 1980 or so. Ron B or Thunder77 or anyone in that area???? My next show was Styx cornerstone then Def Lepard at Jack Murphy (the Murph) in San Diego. Unforgettable. So Huskee what a memory you brought back. Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Eddie Money.AMAZING! This thread is worth it just for bringing out those memories. I want to hear Huskee sing too! I can't say I have the stones yo put myself out there like that but I do it on a plate. Sing on my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          Just had a brisket & ribs BBQ Jamfest yesterday with my bandmates. I made a brisket and a few racks of ribs, wives made the sides, and we set up on my back deck and played the afternoon & evening away. My buddy filmed it all and is editing out the in-between nonsense and soundchecks & such. So when he sends me the video I will post a brief clip of it. Don't worry, I won't post my tone deaf self singing anything, but I'll post me on the drums. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, our talent level is 6 at best, but we have a lot of fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0130.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	358476
          Huskee, that Fender Squire in this pic has my attention! Funny, I have a very first year Fender Squire. It has some history for sure. Mine was the only year they made them in Japan and it freaked the Fender Co. out because it was better than the Fender Custom sold today. So the factory moved. I bought that thing in 82 as I recall. Still to this day my favorite guitar.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool story, what a keepsake! Fender Squires are incredible, and the same for modern day Epiphones. I will NEVER buy a Gibson as long as I can get the finish I want in an Epiphone.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I also have a 1st yr. (Japanese) Squier; have played mega lotsa big gigs with it...
            It's also a stage backup fer my '73 Big Head, "Frankenstrat"
            they're both white, audience cain't tell no real difference...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 19, 2020, 04:27 PM.

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Years ago I was talking to the then president of Fender and he commented that their MIM guitars where closer to vintage Fenders than anything coming out of the US factories, short of the custom shop..and for a lot less. They were also his faves.

Here is what the ole '82 Squire sounds like today. Honestly, I can't do it justice. Y'all need to post up some vids!

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            lonnie mac very nice man. what are you playing through? gotta be some type of fender or clone with that tone. I got the stevie ray goosebumps watching this.

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks brother! That had to be my Blues Jr at that time I am thinking. I have built several amps since then. I should start an amp building thread! I really only had two main influences, well many others, but SRV and Gilmore are really my main fellers.

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            That sound is killer! Love it!

Great Stuff from all, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes I simply feel inadequate. Cool beans thread though! Gotta give it up for these boys!😎

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            That's it! I'm going back to the Firetruck avatar!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis