Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Competitive hackles!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    I get compliments fairly often, but this year my in-laws told me if for whatever reason my wife and I got a divorce, that I am still invited to come to Thanksgiving and make turkey. If she has to leave her new husband at home then that's her problem.

John that's about as high praise as high praise gets. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I get compliments fairly often, but this year my in-laws told me if for whatever reason my wife and I got a divorce, that I am still invited to come to Thanksgiving and make turkey. If she has to leave her new husband at home then that's her problem.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    I hear you, mtford72!! We did our turkey the traditional oven way, was good! BUT, we're going to get at least one more bird (ours is almost gone, now), likely on sale, and it is going to be smoked, most likely next weekend. I don't expect it'll be great the first time out, but gotta start somewhere!! And you are quite correct, everyone's has looked FABULOUS! If they tasted half as good......there is a lot of happy, full campers out there! Rich

Leave a comment:

• mtford72
    started a topic Competitive hackles!!

Competitive hackles!!

Ay yay yay! See all the fabulous birds being posted is raising the competitive hackles! It's like a gauntlet being slapped across the face! We don't cook on Thanksgiving - mother in law's prerogative - so I've just had to sit on the sidelines and watch y'all. Well done everyone - I don't think anyone missed. They all looked fantastic. But in the nature of friendly competition, I want to cook one and post it!

Well done all. Matt

BTW - we might pretend there is no competition, but lets face it - bragging rights always feel good! On a side note, I went to a yoga class once. The instructor said "There is no competition in yoga". Being new, I believed her. Right up until some old biddy did a headstand. Then it was ON!

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}