Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket: Smoke, sit 3 hours, BBQ... That OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket: Smoke, sit 3 hours, BBQ... That OK?

So I'm smoking my first Brisket for Thanksgiving. Plan on a long low smoke at home. Then I goto the Parents house, about 20 minutes away. My question is, can I smoke it, wrap it in foil and take it over. Then, about 3 hours later unwrap it and do a quick sear on the BBQ? I can work it out to just take it over at the right time, would just be more relaxed if it would sit ok...

Thanks! (Oh, and new member, just joined!)

TheAddler

If you take it to 203 or so, and it probes tender, you can wrap it in foil and a towel in a cambro (cooler) and let it rest there for 2 hours. Then just take it out and slice it, no sear necessary. And welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you and thank you!

Comment

I agree with Deuce. Keep your therm probe in it and try not to let it get to much less than 150 or so while holding.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis