Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How did you discover AmazingRibs.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: How did you discover AmazingRibs.com?

Preparation! I did a search (Google or similar) and found it before I attempted smoking anything.
    46.97%
    I had a cook turn out terrible so I did a search to find the right way to do it, and here I am
    7.07%
    An accquaintance recommended it to me, thank goodness
    6.06%
    I really have no clue how I ended up here, but thank goodness I did!
    20.20%
    I heard about Meathead through radio shows/Youtube/etc and decided to check out his website
    1.01%
    Facebook baby, Facebook!
    0%
    Another forum led me here
    6.06%
    I received an offer for a free 90-day Pit membership
    0%
    I was browsing the Internet for gear reviews (smokers, grills, accessories) and ended up here
    12.63%

There should be an other option lol. I belong to a cast iron cooking group on Facebook. They were talking about the different ways to prepare and cook a steak. Someone mentioned reverse sear so I googled that and found amazing ribs and have been hooked!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Done! Thanks

I found AmazingRibs.com through http://www.advrider.com/. What could be better then bikes and BBQ?!

Comment

I did a Google search when I was looking for a new smoker and discovered the vast array of buying guides here. I was wondering why my cheap offset smoker did a crappy job and quickly found out why.

Comment

from my introduction thread
        Luckily I found amazingribs.com before my cheap offset cooled off from the first cook.
        I think I found the offset smoker page first....and the first pic I saw was a picture of my offset engulfed in the universal "NO Symbol."

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          A buddy (bro in law actually) of mine just got a new electric smoker and was stoked about it. I sent him the AR review with the successive tips before I realized his smoker had the same NO rating. Oops. Awkward. Sorry to break it to ya!

Im with you Jerod... girlfriend bought me a COS to get me started, cooked on it once, ruined everything, found the website, saw the "NO" bought a PBC... life has been good.

Comment

The best advertisement for good equipment is bad equipment. Actually I stole that from a Weekend Update segment on SNL, referring to the best way to support [so and so candidate that no one likes] candidate for president is to support [so and so candidate that no one likes WORSE] candidate. I love satire.

Comment

I bought a COS on sale 10 years ago or so been BBQing (grilling) for ever it seems got it home put it together used it or tried to use it failed badly several times and it sat and sat until one day it looked very sad rusted, hinges seized up a science experiment going on inside and it almost went to the dump my grilling experience growing cooked for a wedding (my sons) cleaned it up took it to my Father in laws he grinded sanded painted fixed the hinges brought it over (THANKS DAD) and I was determined to figure it out started poking around with this thing called the web and found this kinda cool site AR started poking around and son of a gun crazy amounts of information great people never once was asked for a credit card (groovy dude)started doing some great food enjoying the fruits of my labor and the praise of my wife family and friends have become the BBQ GUY I have never been the guy before I tell everybody about this site soooooo thanks to Meat head or should I just call him Mr. Head any way to him and all of you who work on this site THANKS the science is what makes me intrigued like the old Alton Brown shows (good eats) Americas test kitchen I can say I am becoming a good cook and maybe some day a Pitmaster

Comment

• _Keith
              _Keith commented
              Editing a comment
              Dude. Punctuation. Without it, dyslexics like me can't get through two lines of what you just wrote.

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              Great commentary Papa Bob!! Did you do that all in one breath? And no, you are smart because you recognized AR for what it is. Sounds like you are enjoying the journey.

• Papa Bob
              Papa Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks partner ,I don't type much and write even less and I don't think of it. but have tried to pay attention a little more, through a coma or period here and there but my grammar is not to pretty good and probably looks worse when trying to do it

sorry I am not to smart.
            Last edited by Papa Bob; August 21, 2014, 11:32 AM. Reason: just added a period

Comment

I promise this is true. I was watching a "Triple-D" episode on another visit to a barbecue joint, when I said I'm going to start the process of this hobby. I mean this sincerely when I say that I had no knowledge of this site and typed "amazing ribs" into the search line. After that I was hooked.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool! How has your new hobby progressed?

I was looking for a better way or some help doing brisket that was better than I was turning out on my COS. Did a google search and found Amazingribs. Not only did my briskets turn out better but it has been "Amazing" with all the info. It is very fitting that amazing is part of the name of the site. Best BBQ site, hands down.

Comment

I had been cooking on a COS for years and years and decided to step up to the pump and bought an EOS, (Lang 48 Deluxe). With a new smoker I started looking for new recipes, I think I was looking for bite through chicken skin and ended up on Pintrest. Clicking around I found a video of Meathead and ended up here at Amazing Ribs, found an article on the stall and got a good understanding of why I could drop a 6 pack of beer from the time my butts or brisket went from 150 to 165 and I was hooked, signed up right away. Sense then my cooking/smoking skills have improved greatly.

Comment

Actually at the time I was looking for a chart showing the different cuts of pork and Amazing Ribs came up in the search. Although I just joined I have visited the site many times. Well if you count five or six .... many
                  Last edited by Ol' Timer; August 29, 2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I was searching "how to use a kettle as a smoker" 4 years ago. I haven't left since.

Comment

I had searched for best rib rub a few years ago and found a recipe I loved. The lost the recipe. Searched again, and SO many of the hits were Amazingribs.com that I checked it out and have been here ever since. Had to re-create the recipe I loved and still use, but next run am going to try Meatheads. That too, I expect, will beat what I've been doing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis