Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with overcooked meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do with overcooked meat?

Well, if you're checking in on the "What are you cookin" thread, you might've noticed that my mighty fine looking leg shanks ended up being overcooked. Big rookie mistake on part and I don't want the meat to go to waste. I was thinking I could crumble the meat and make it into a chili, but would like to hear what you guys do with your overcooked meat. How do you salvage it?

/facepalm

Me... Food processor, onions, celery, mayo. Sandwich spread. Just sayin

Comment

My over cook meat doesn't go to waste bc the dogs love it

Comment

Quesadilla's, tacos, sammiches....etc...

Comment

or soup , chili, or whatever suits your fancy

Comment

I agree with your plan, chili. Being drowned in liquid will mask the overcookedness. <---- new word. Plus the smokiness will add a whole new spin on chili.

Comment

If its chicken or pork it gets rough chopped and tossed into the rice machine for perlo (Lowcountry SC Rice dish usually made with chicken).

Beef is chili or quesadillas.

Any of the 3 meats can be used for a good stir-fry also.

Agree with DWCowles - if its too, too overcooked I mix with my dog's kibble - no complaints either.

BTW - if you add smoked sausage to your chicken and rice it is no longer perlo; it is now Chicken Bog. Some of the upstate SC peeps get the 2 confused - lol.
              Last edited by HC in SC; November 23, 2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I agree with Jon...makes great sandwich spread. Or heat the spread and serve hot with chips for great chip dip.

Comment

• HC in SC
                  HC in SC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kinda like the canned Underwood deviled ham and chunky chicken -- an upscale version of potted meat.

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man I haven't had that stuff in DECADES! I think about getting it once in a while when I'm at Dollar General.

You should give the spread thing a try. Or grind up some ring bologna and make it with that. Throw in some sweet pickles.... Its good stuff I'm tellin ya.
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; November 23, 2014, 12:27 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis