Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post

Probly some deep, innate lackin in my soul, but as a lifelong Bluesman, I still find myself cringin when I hear JB...granted, I need to listen to more of his stuff, to git a more fair, broader perspective, but fer th present, I was over him, first time ever I heared his bool schnit...wtf?

Ways I learned was, it's my Job to make th audience wanna drink, eat, smoke, an fornicate...that's what has always gotten me return gigs...

Not so much try to keep em nice an cool by repeatedly flappin my fingers, in order to create a gentle breeze...
    I fully realize that others have their own opinions, an fully respect that, but, until I can hear him play some music that's pertinent to th song at hand, I really (did I mention (really) cain't stomach his self-aggrandizin, lookit me boolsheep noodlin.
    It's s'posed to be bout th song, jackhole...
    YMMV, of course...
    Steer me to some JB yall think I might like, help a brother out, cause I'm diggin deep in my pockets, an comin up Rabbit Ears, here...
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    So... not a fan?
    LOL - Bones, you are a national treasure!

Anyway, I don't like to WATCH Joe B. play - seems like he's basically a nerd trying to act cool & not pulling it off.

But I enjoy listening to his recent music. He always has great musicians in his band, and I love his guitar tone. And for someone who was not a singer at all until he decided to be his own front man, I appreciate how well he's developed his voice. Sure - he does at least 1 long guitar solo in almost every song, but I think compared to a lot of the "guitar hero" types who just shred or play a bunch of standard riffs, he's actually very melodic and the solos usually have themes that tie them back to the song.

Don't think of him as a bluesman. Sure he started out that way with the whole BB King connection, and the label stuck. But I think he's evolved to be more like classic Wishbone Ash - alternative rock with a blues influence.

Let me know what you think of this - it's one of my favorites.

Comment

Thanks, Brother!

Actually, not 2 sham dabby; he does remain relevent pertinent to th song at hand, which is, in itself, refreshin... Like I said, previous, mebbe I jus need to listen to more JB, give him a fair shake, but so fer, bout 90% of what I've heared had been off-puttin, to me. Also, as said previous, might be a failin on my part...

Don't think of him as a bluesman.
      Oh, my dear, dear brother, ya needn't worry bout that ever happenin...

show me some more, win me over, please...it would be wondermous to, however briefly, hang out with th Cool Kids, fer a spell...

Comment

lonnie mac Is this you? "Mt. Healthy Blues" I have loved this from the beginning 1975+/-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmHDN2W5ajQ
      Last edited by ofelles; January 27, 2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones Whoops, sorry for the false alarm and ensuing reactions. lonnie mac is alive and doing well as far as I know. At least he gave a 'Like' to let us know he's still around.

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb I was only pullin yer leg, as I'm sure ya well know, Brother...

It was totally mine own fault, speed-readin through stuff....hit a brick wall, keersplaaatttt, buhloooeeeyyy!

Shazbot!

Bonnie Raitt and Ruthie Foster duet, 'Angel from Montgomery'

Ruthie Foster channelling Ray

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! It is approaching bedtime here and those songs were both rather relaxing.

Now here is something completely different from Pearl Jam

Comment

Fifty years ago today the Beatles performed live for the final time

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember... I was upset - I'm still upset! Mostly though, I'm upset that John and George were cut short; thankful for what they did leave behind though.

ComfortablyNumb here's another from Bonnie - this is the song that hooked me on her. She's done so much since, I wonder how many remember her from way back... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPzcZNgVfpA

On a side note, I saw her on Sept 23rd 1994 at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mt. View CA. I was 10 rows back from the stage which put me about eye level with her. One of the most memorable concerts of my life - I was (and still am) in awe of her talent!

Comment

• Willard
          Willard commented
          Editing a comment
          treesmacker I go way back with Bonnie and I am most definitely a fan. I have Sweet Forgiveness on vinyl that I bought when it first came out. When I bought a new table a few years ago and got back into vinyl, the album was amongst the first that I listened to. Sweet! The first one though was a little known album called DARK SIDE OF THE MOON 😊

Born on this day in 1935, Johnny 'Guitar' Watson. Here's a trip to the past getting all funky on Soul Train.

Comment

Born on this day in 1935, Elvis got his first guitar, even though he wanted a rifle, exactly 11 years later for $7.75 at the Tupelo Hardware Company, which, unlike the King, is still with us. (Story is in the link)

Comment

Classic

Comment

And one more from 2000

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            Going to put both of those on my re-watch list.

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Cult-movies!

Damn this is a good one.. Samantha Fish - smoldering version of - I PUT A SPELL ON YOU -

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed ComfortablyNumb

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, how does one get the videos embedded in their posts? I tried with my Bob Marley one but couldn't get it to work. Thanks!

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            pkadare I answered your question in your post. Well, at least I made an attempt!

Here is one for you Americans with Norwegian roots and/or family.. Spinaker
          Charlie Rackstead: Charlie (Hjalmar)

Last edited by Elton's BBQ; February 5, 2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

KIm Larsen & Kjukken - This Is My Life (Officiel Live-video)

Comment

Today would have been Bob Marley's 75th birthday! Happy birthday to the King of Reggae!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU

Last edited by pkadare; February 6, 2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                To embed click on the underlined 'A' in the text box. Look in the menu for the icon that looks like a two frame film strip with a small black dot in the lower right corner. Hovering pointer over it will show 'Insert Video'. Click on it and paste the URL of the video in the text box of the pop up box. Click okay. Tip; the video will embed wherever your text pointer is, so be certain to have it where you want it before you do the above procedure. Clear as mud?? ;-)

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                ComfortablyNumb - perfect, thanks for the info!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis