Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take some Zac Brown, thanks.

Comment

holehogg The Talking Heads may have made 'Take Me to the River' famous, but Al Green did indeed write it. Annie wasn't the only woman to cover it, here is Eva Cassidy. Her and Byrne would've made a smashing duet!

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Real good but still love the heads version best of all.

Bonus Eva Cassidy track, 'Chain of Fools'

Comment

Got BBQ Here is Zac Brown with some all time greats, covering one of the all time greats.

Comment

• Got BBQ
          Got BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Tickets go on sale for sept concert in NY, at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, tomorrow 10 am. I’m in.

Got an hour to kill? Here's the Allmans with Derek, Warren, and Eric.....Clapton that is.

Comment

TGIF (well it was when I started) I'm in a zone!
          Last edited by HouseHomey; April 24, 2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              Now this is funny. Not only is this a studio version, Janis didn't perform this song at Woodstock! It's all good though, Janis anywhere, anytime is all right!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              @ComfortabllyNumb I wouldn't know, I was I month old. I listened to a bunch of of different tracks of the same song last night. I liked the video, building going on, buses, kids and the cool history. My fault. Fake newsπŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒπŸ₯ƒ

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              HouseHomey Not fake, Woodstock really happened and the film scenes are from there. It is just the person who put the video together used a song that wasn't played there. In fact, she recorded that song shortly before she died. It was written by Kris Kristofferson and originally recorded by Roger Miller.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! This is great rock!

Kiss Guy (YAYO Sanchez) plays Monkeywrench w/ Foo Fighters Austin TX 4-18-18

Comment

Hey Numb she is an all time favorite of mine (not specifically for this song) as an new-ish artist with a throwback voice and a set of pipes. Love her.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              Pink, eh? I can't think Pink without thinking Floyd!

For all you Classic/Southern Rock fans, here is the original Lynard Skynard line up live:

Grab some peanuts and a sixer, it's an hour long and Freebird is at the end.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure gonna miss those guys.

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm glad I let my wife talk me into going to their concert last summer.

For those who like some soul, Leon Bridges

Comment

Nathaniel Radcliffe and the Night Sweats

Comment

Modern Country with Canadian band The Dungarees.

Comment

On this day in San Francisco during their first tour made after the release of their first album, a group called Led Zepplin performed their yet to be recorded version of Whole Lotta Love live. (As a side note I saw that tour when it came through Chicago at a small 300 person venue called The Kinetic Playground on the near north side). Of course the song and the album went on to have worldwide mammoth success and propelled LZ into the pantheon of the greatest of all rock groups.

But interestingly enough, like with many of the early British groups, they "borrowed" from the Black blues greats for a lot of their lyrics and riffs. In fact Whole Lotta Love was greatly inspired by the Muddy Waters recording of You Need Love which he recorded in 1962. The story gets even more interesting in that the original song was actually written by Willy Dixon, who ended up filing suit against LZ and eventually in 1985 was awarded payment for and subsequent royalties on the that song.

It's also one of those songs that had Page's now famous sonic "riff" in the middle, which at the time was too long to play on most radio formats (can't believe AM radio still exists). The very thing that made the song unique and great was cut out in a bastardized style for the sake of on air formatting !!! Amazing times....

Well that, boys and girls, is your brief moment in rock history. Can you believe that was 50 years ago !!! Here then is one of rock's top 100 recordings ever made .....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis