Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Romp with Ted Th Sledge

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      That was really old, Paul still had hair!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t believe they bleeped out poontang. πŸ˜‚
      Good one MB.

Comment

Here's a blast from the past

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the album Bat Out of Hell

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        ssandy_561 A lot of people do! It's Australia's highest selling album, the UKs third longest charting album (behind Dark Side of the Moon and Rumours) and 44 years after its release still sells about 200,000 albums a year.

Here's an really early performance from AC/DC on Australian TV. You can tell the Music is prerecorded but the vocal I believe are live. Angus looks about 12 in this video. LOL

Comment

Here’s a rocker from Hank Williams 3. Hillbilly Joker

Comment

Long John Baldry - Don’t Try To Lay No Boogie Woogie On The King of Rock n Roll. Actual song starts at the 3 minute mark. VERY entertaining video and a great song. Do not miss the 3:51 mark.

Comment

Haveta bumpitty this one, on accounta it's where my poor, fevered mind happened to meander to, today...
            Gonna haveta hunt down th 'Peace Pipe', I'd reckon, to git me settled back down lol!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              My first Floyd album.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              ComfortablyNumb , reckon ah'm safe in reckonin, 'tweren't yer last Pink Floyd album, huh?

Some early stuff, when th record companies was all kinda up his butte, to not jus go tf off playin, like he could already do...they had him staked, tethered, an a pullstring round his 'berries', in case he started gittin prolific...must been a Very Tough Time, indeed fer My Buddy, Y'alls Buddy, Everbody's Buddy, Mr George B. "Buddy" Guy, later to floorboard, an influence, Beck, Clapton, Page, an Thousands more...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 6, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Thought some might find this of interest:

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                ComfortablyNumb First veh I ever bought was a '50 5-window Chebbie Pickemup truck, at th tender age of 14...

Bought it, drove it home, fer $200

had a Fresh '62 235 in it, insteada th std. 216 Babbit Beater...still an oil-bath air cleaner, though, an 6V electrics...batt was under th passenger floorboard, with a braided wire ground cable...

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                I've had a handful of them. My first was a '52 3/4T long bed with a 235. Then a '50 2T with a 216. Last one was a '53 with a 235. Would like to have the '52 and '53 back. My first vehicle was a '52 sedan with a 216, actually had two of them.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                ComfortablyNumb I'd bout give my eye teeth to have my '50 back, she was My World, fer a Very Long Time...during some Very Formative Years of my life...
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 7, 2021, 01:27 AM.

https://youtu.be/dSt3EqSg4ZM when the voice definitely doesnt match the person it comes from

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                Editing a comment
                My hair used to be that colour, but not that short.

I got myself a birthday present. Not because it's actually my birthday. I ignore my birthday and buy myself something from time to time if it's really meaningful. I know nobody buys CDs anymore. But I got Jimmy Webb's Ten Easy Pieces signed by the man himself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1338.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1056404

A little "inside baseball" for musicians: in the intro to Galveston, Webb plays C-over-E then resolves to F. That creates a very dark mood. Producer Fred Mollin tells the story that Art Garfunkel insists that Webb played the wrong chord with the C/E. Obviously Jimmy Webb never plays anything by accident, but Garfunkel could never accept that it was the right chord.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Given alla that, Happy Birthday, anyhow...

With the passing of EdF along with a close family friend, I continue to be faced with the inevitable. This song says it all for what I'm feeling of late.....

Comment

• ofelles
                ofelles commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow. Thank you. If we are lucky enough to grow old, there is much loss. But there is also much joy and memories.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve, I love that right there a lot, given things I done been through...

But I do my dangest not to dwell there, overlong.

So sorry for your recent loss, My Friend...
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 7, 2021, 04:07 PM.

How many of ya had to learn this in primary school???

Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 7, 2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Always enjoyed me this song...it has a rather infectious, mesmerizin groove to it, sultry vocals, an nice instrumentals...

Comment

Just a warning to y'all

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  Rubs Promo
                  Meat-Up in Memphis