Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Joe Cocker) Masterful--despite the spasms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLyK2DVVUU

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Always one of my very faves to do, live...
      Bein a Spaz is decidedely a 'Non-Issue, fer me.'

And...Jimi Hendrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKAwPA14Ni4

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of people don’t know this, but I actually taught Jimi how to play guitar. This was one of the many songs I taught him how to play. We parted ways soon there after because I wasn’t willing to also teach him my brisket techniques.
      Last edited by Panhead John; April 28, 2021, 07:20 PM.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Stop trying to take undue credit. Jimi being from the PNW, not Texas, it was I who taught him how to play guitar. We parted ways when he tried to live my lyrics.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Numb. I’m sorry but anyone with a basic knowledge of rock history knows that I was the most influential person in Jimi’s rise to stardom. It was mainly due to my mind numbing ability to play guitar and then teach others my incredible display of fretwork. Not to brag, but Janis was also an unknown until I started managing her career. In fact, many have said she was a nobody until she met me.

Gang of Four - "Damaged Goods"

Some of the best late-1970s punk

Comment

This is a punk rock band my friends started in the 1990s. If you can make it to minute 10.56 you'll hear "Anarchy Blues" on which I play a harmonica solo. gotta love SoCal punk rock, bruh!

Comment

<BUMP>

</BUMP>

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          I got me one of those trucks.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb a '60-66' Chebbie/GMC?

Have had me a whole passel of em, wish I had me a whole passel more, Brother

Reckon yers is a Big Boy: Hay Truck, etc. Tonner Plus, If'n I ain't too far wrong...

Mr. Bones 1950 F-6

Click image for larger version

Name:	nn_2b7a25063329a70c903242c865264a975d58d1ef.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1025224

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, fergot yer Da's truck, I did...

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones This one wasn't his. That one is a 1956 F-100. It has a spot in an outbuilding. This is an old hay truck I picked in Spokane, and has had a few moments of fame when I sent snow pics to the weather babe on the local snooze station.

As we'uns all approach Severe Weather Season, a Perennial Favourite, round these parts, thought I'd >>BUMP<< this one up, some...consider it a PSA...

Some rather gangly, an pallid British lads recorded this in th 1970's, yall probly more familiar with that version, but...

This here be th Real Deal, yall
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 1, 2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          I always find it a bit funny that Robert and Jimmy from Led Zeppelin are usually the first to criticize a band that sounds like Led Zeppelin (Kingdom Come from the 80’s and Greta Van Fleet more recently) but it seems like half of their music is “borrowed” from other artists.

My favorite version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" Prince is one helluva guitar player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

• surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Prince was truly an amazing player. I was blown away the first time I saw him live. So much so that I had to see him again when he next passed through.

A little hillbilly rock from Miss Lou Ann Barton. Great song.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          She a Very, VERY Naughty Woman... (Dang Near as BAD as Koko Taylor omfg!!!!)

Met her, at a show at BB's Lawnside BBQ

Yup, shame our paths never crossed...ya were busy blowin up dolls, an I was tryin to preserve Th Blues, a slice of Murricah...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 10, 2021, 08:20 AM.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang MB, sure wish I coulda been hangin with ya back in those days! I’d a luved to meet some of the talented people you’ve met and played with.

Mr. Bones

For some reason this one made me think of you. I suggest bourbon and tears when you listen.

Here's a bonus, seeing how you like guitars. Better put the studio version first, then the live as Guy slips a bit.

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; May 7, 2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll comment back, as I find my danged ol self able, but initially wanted to know that what ya posted never done me no harm, fer starters, Brother... I actually enjoyed em...

My Poontang ain't sore, not even one bit, Nossir...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 17, 2021, 04:24 PM.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW an elderly neighbour called me her hero for taking her garbage to the curb, I let her.
          Oh, Hail, yassuh!

I'd totally revel in such High Praise, Brother!

Pro Tip, fer any occasion: Never, an I DO mean NEVER curate, or have any apprehensions on my behalf, as to what ya post, here in this thread, or elsewhere, Amigo. I'm a grown man, an, Hail, even by some accounts, a 'Hero', 'Ive repeatedly heared tell

Toby Continude...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 17, 2021, 04:40 PM. Reason: [i] [/i]

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Continude:

Long Story Short, I'll be a'ight, an I'd jus haveta reckon yerself an me, why, we most likely always gonna be good, lessin ya suddenly act th fool, somehow, which I don't even deem remotely likely, leastwise, not in this lifetime...

Stay safe an well, way yonder out there, clean th Hail to Worshington, Brother!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 17, 2021, 04:42 PM.

Stumbled over this reminder of my misspent youth, classic Oz pub rock band, unfortunately its audio only.
        Whenever I saw these guys playing live i came out of the place soaked with sweat from dancing like a maniac.

Simple music from much simpler times.

Last edited by Stuey1515; May 7, 2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Nice, relaxed interview...very enlightnin view into what makes him sound like him...

Comment

Not meanin to be Petty, or anything, but...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 8, 2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

R.I.P Tawny

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                So sad. 59 is too young. Trust me, cuz I'm 59, presently...

Holy Carp, lookin at recent pics of her, she be all kinda lookin like Steven Tyler!!!

(That's probly NEVER a 'Good Sign' !)

Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 9, 2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis