Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhead John sorry - I rescind my previous statement. Whadda You Want From Me was the second best song from that album IMO. Here's my #1

Comment

radshop Panhead John you both are wrong.
      Everybody knows the best song off of that album is Too Daze Gone. LOL.

My Uncle (who was only 5 years older than me) introduced me to Rock music and he loved this album. This is one of those albums that is easy to say All Killer, No Filler.

Comment

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          OK - now that right there is HILARIOUS for anyone who gets it!!!!!!! (and means nothing to anyone born before 1955 or after 1975)

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          MIND BLOWN! I just checked out Tawny Kitaen's YouTube channel. She has aged well... ( significantly better than I have...) and is just about crazy enough to be a match. Anybody got her number?

Here’s a great song I first heard on a beer commercial back in 06 or 07 maybe.Clairy Brown and the Bangin’ Rackettes. Love Letter.

Comment

Couple cool cats sharin some stage time, nice trade off solo(s)...

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            good stuff!

Beg, borrow, steal. Different songs, same title. Well, nearly so.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            First one reminds me of Stevie, second the Iceman, third the time I stepped in bubblegum....

The Russians have done it again, “Introduction” cover from CTA’s album. See Leonid & friends on YouTube. I don’t know how to link yet, so check it out.

Comment

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks CN. I am constantly impressed with Sergei’s ability to master Kath’s licks.

Check out this kid! Almost can't get enough...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwFloCPXzCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcv...28vgLw&index=4

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I watched the first video and thought some child actor was standing in for an adult. Googled and found out it wasn't!

For those with SXM a subsciption, they are airing a Miles Davis station in honor of Black History. I'm a real fan of his. I think it was 75' I saw him at what was the The Jazz Workshop, Paul's Mall. It was on Boylston St. in Boston. I'll never forget, was there with my wife and another couple. The other person lit a blunt up while Miles was performing. The server came over and politely ask us to put out. We complied. Miles looked down as we had a front row table and smiled.
          Last edited by RichieB; February 2, 2021, 08:18 PM. Reason: I think I failed english. I passed pig latin.

Comment

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John, #719

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Richie. Gonna tune in tomorrow.

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb we spent the day in Boston. A lot of it on the Common. Back then it was a place to "relax" and enjoy nature lying at the shore of the Frog Pond. When you needed a libation to wet the pallet many bars, pubs and such to go to. So when we went to the show we had a days worth of, well stuff. And I still remember as it was a great experience just like my wedding, birth of my 2 kids and my last day b4 retirement.

When I was a kid, I heard this song on the radio almost everyday going to school (local radio station is a farm station).

Comment

The Byrds - Eight Miles High - 9/23/1970 - Fillmore East (Official)

Comment

Chokes me up every single time. RIP.

Comment

Fairly certain this will spark a memory, though it is a parody of th Original... (Desiderata)

Oh, admit it, or do not, but many yall already know which song this is from...

Comment

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sh_t is funny

Chicago Transit Authority..... “I’m A Man”. What Energy and a cowbell/drum solo not to be missed!
                Last edited by Panhead John; February 9, 2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree. That’s the best version anyone’s done of that song. Also, a song not as well known from them is “South California Purples” It rocks! I’ll see if I can find it and post it here.
                  Last edited by Panhead John; February 9, 2021, 08:42 AM.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s why I like Leonid & Friends cuz they do an excellant cover of a cover and have blast doin it. There is a pic somewhere of Danny S. huggin Igor & a take of them drumming together.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Saw them as the opening act for Jimi Hendrix. A few months before their 1st album came out. Great stuff.
                  Last edited by ofelles; February 9, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis