Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share the music

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered these two a few years ago, and after picking my jaw up off the floor, my mind was thoroughly blown.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT9hvyDvKHA
    Last edited by Captain Hughes; June 24, 2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Captain Hughes
      Captain Hughes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the fix, Not sure how that happened?!?

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Captain Hughes No worries, you can actually fix it yourself by editing. Hope you stick around and introduce us to more artists. You can embed videos by clicking on the underlined 'A' in the top right of the text box. A menu of icons will appear. Find the one that looks like a strip of film (hovering your pointer over it will say 'Insert Video') Click on it and paste in the URL of the video and click 'OK'.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      This is pretty cool! My nephew plays mostly on a classical guitar and his influences are this style of play. Gonna send this to him, but I really enjoyed this!

Saw this after watching the 17yo giutar prodigy. Entertaining, for more than one reason.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't help but think of Carol Doda and her famous piano. Fortunately that one went in the other direction!

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! What a performer!

Catch this now! Sturgill Simpson great bluegrass live from Ryman!

https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=313
    Last edited by Robermax; June 5, 2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      Editing a comment
      Dang cool! A bit odd though that you can hear a pin drop at the end of a song...

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I likeys Sturgill, fwiw.
      Josh Turner, as well...
      Growed up on roots, like where these guys go, with summa that.
      Ymmv.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 10, 2020, 10:58 PM.

Thanks to Robermax for the post above. Go to https://nugs.tv/ and see the lineup of live shows coming up. I know what I'll be doing next Thursday at 5:00PT.

Comment

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb You're going to be watching the Disco Biscuits? You got more diverse musical taste than I thought!

• ComfortablyNumb
      Editing a comment
      DesertRaider IIRC, you are retired, so that means everyday is a Saturday. However, at least according to my calendar, Thursday is the 11th, and Tedeschi-Trucks Band will be playing. I've never heard of the Disco Biscuits, but since you mentioned them I will tune in on Wednesday to expand my horizons. As for my tastes, I can listen to and enjoy most any genre, I like or dislike a song on its merits, not its genre. Although I'll admit, rap and opera are, for me, the most challenging to get behind

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. You've got pretty good taste in music from what I've seen posted here. And like you, rap and opera are a challenge. A BIG challenge. Makes me feel a bit old. I know they have adherents. And yeah, every day that ends in "y" is a Saturday, well, now that my wife and youngest are out of school.

Good words for these times.

Comment

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a "sleeper" back in the day. On Saturday nights we'd cruise Van Nuys Blvd, and around midnight meet behind the BofA building to setup some races. Unfortunately, it got the point where the cops would show up before us Could be because of that one time someone brought their rail. And he had no takers, go figure Thanks for posting lonnie mac , brought back some nice memories.

• ComfortablyNumb
      Editing a comment
      DesertRaider Valley boy, eh? I cruised my '52 Chevy on Bellflower Blvd.

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb Burbank was a short drive. Had a '66 Caprice with a Corvette engine with a Power Glide transmission. Nobody took her seriously Bellflower Blvd? All the way out there That was a lot of fun. Of course gas was a whole lot cheaper. Some of those tricked out rides, they were something.

Was poking around after listening to the "Boss" and came across this one.

Comment

OK, found another one to share.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Guy was so animated and passionate...loved him !!!

DesertRaider Instant gratification has never been fast enough for me, so I just couldn't sit around and wait for Wednesday. Turns out the Disco Biscuits have nothing to do with disco (thankfully, I can only handle that is very small doses) but are a psychedelic jam band. Thanks for getting me stop to smell the roses.

Comment

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        These guys are pretty good. Listen to them while I get the rest of my messages sorted. Thanks!

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just tuned that in while working at home. That's good stuff. Tahnks for posting that. EDIT: also thanks.
        Last edited by crazytown3; June 10, 2020, 02:30 PM.

I don't know why but this tune just popped into my head. Gosh I miss Jerry and the Dead.......Dead Head for Life....Troutman

Comment

Thought jus mebbe a few might enjoy this.
      A tribute to Mr McKinley Morganfield...
      Might could be a few folks yall'd recognicize, chippin in...

Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 14, 2020, 07:54 PM. Reason: ficksed a glarin tipoe lol!

Comment

• DesertRaider
        DesertRaider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mr. Bones. This is a great tribute, with so many great ones giving a fine performance.

edit: Buddy Guy saying "shh" to the audience cracked me up.
        Last edited by DesertRaider; June 11, 2020, 10:51 PM.

Hadn't previous seen this one, but I'm haphazardly guessin Larry Davis, an Fenton Robinson are probly both okay with it.

Comment

Comment

• DesertRaider
          DesertRaider commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I like this a lot - thanks!

Delbert McClinton - Down Into Mexico
        Last edited by Willard; June 13, 2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          It seems Delbert confused his mike stand for his rear view mirror!

DesertRaider Procol Harum. Man one of my all time fave bands. Good find!

Comment

One more. Language warning! for the sensitive ears.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          Willard Encores are always welcome. What's funny is you commented on it the first time!

• DesertRaider
          DesertRaider commented
          Editing a comment
          Great way to end a show.

• Willard
          Willard commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll have to stay away from that red button. I’ll rename myself to Hummingbird.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis