Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This time, I got smoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time, I got smoked

Yesterday morning on the way to work I got rear-ended on the I694. No injuries, thank goodness, but the dude smoked me good, to the tune of $9k. Car is brand new, haven't even had an oil change yet. Needless to say I'm upset. Can't prove it, but I don't think he had his eyes on the road, if you follow my drift. I'm sure it was a bad day for him though, because he was driving a company truck, so I am sure his next stop was to go pee in a cup. Talked to his company's insurance today, they are picking up the whole thing (as they should). Folks, if you are one of those that hasn't learned to put down the phone while driving, please give it some thought. The road is a dangerous place, and phones make it worse. You don't need someone's life on your conscience.

Good advice! Glad you are OK

Comment

Glad you alright.

Comment

Thank God you are alright!

Comment

Well said JCGrill . Glad you are fine.

Comment

Glad yer alright. Cars can be replaced...

Comment

Another vote for glad you are OK. Accidents suck, but when your car is new, it goes to another level...

Comment

• JCGrill
                JCGrill commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, it's a major insult. I recognize that it could have been much worse, but dang.

Same here glad you're OK! I've seen two accidents caused by drivers using their phones and not paying attention.
              And then there was the incident where I almost got run over myself! I was using a pedestrian crossing and my light was green and there was a car turning right ( Australia so opposite ). Thanks to my vigilance I stopped inches away from being hit. The driver in her car passed me with her head down looking at a " glowing" object. I suspect a phone. It was at night so I saw the "glow". She never even saw me! If I wasn't paying attention or was one of those guys who walk around with their heads buried in their smart phones LOL the outcome would have not been favorable for me.
              And yes I did curse at her..,..LOL

Comment

Very glad you are okay! I remember a time when you saw someone weaving back and forth on the road and you said, " Jeez that idiot must be drunk!" Now I say, "Jeez, that idiot must be texting!"

Comment

Good to hear your okay. That 94/694 interchange in Maple Grove is a pain in the backside. Again, good to hear your okay.

Comment

are you tender?

Comment

• JCGrill
                      JCGrill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm very surprised that things were so good, to be honest. I got a stiff back the afternoon after it happened, but by the next day I was feeling fine. Guess I was lucky. So probably still tough, not probe tender.

Glad your'e ok as a motorcycle rider I really don't like mobile textrers!

Comment

Amen! And we're glad you're ok. Metal and plastic can be repaired and painted, lives can't.

Comment

As bad as it was, it sounds like it could have been so much worse. Glad you're OK. Hope your car gets fixed to your satisfaction.

Kathryn

Comment

Apparently the other driver doesn't know the low and slow approach. Glad to hear you're OK.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis