Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been away for a bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away for a bit...

I'm glad to see a lot of the same "faces" I saw over the summer. My new gig has me really hopping but I wanted to check back in today on a semi-quiet Friday and see what was going on. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by here more often as the holidays approach.

I'm headed to London for work next week, will also hit Paris and Dublin - hoping to look up some BBQ just out of curiosity. My sources in those areas tell me there isn't much that compares to 'merican Q, but we'll see.

On the home front - just took delivery of a 1/4 Angus steer from the farm down the road so I'm looking forward to finding inventive new ways to use that up on my KJ.

My eldest son is going to be home from college for Thanksgiving and has requested Pulled Pork while he's home. I think I'm going to make a couple of butts and bring some to work as a remedy for turkey overload.

Mostly the same old crew, quite a few new faces as well which is good. I've been to Ireland and while it is the first place I tried Scotch eggs, my main memories are from the good beer a whiskey. London, i'd just head to the Winchester, have a pint, and wait for all of it to blow over

Comment

I've been.....here.

You seem to still be running

Comment

Hey John - I haven't been to Ireland since the early 90's and other than a few layovers here and there I haven't been to London since about 2005. This will be my first trip to Paris.

I have a lot of family in Ireland. The hop to Dublin is actually personal, I'm going to visit my sister in Dublin where we are planning to (wait for it Jerod...) run a 5k together.

Comment

Welcome back jholmgren. I need to kick back and rest up a bit just from reading about all your activities. I only run if bears are chasing me. So far no bears.

Comment

Great to have you back jholmgren!

@anyone - how do we get bears up in Michigan?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis