Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The easy way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easy way...

The temp is easier to control in my Lang when the wood is split about the diameter of a beer can. So the best way to do that is to get this Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0192.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	29823

Nice add to the arsenal my friend. WTG!

Comment

Archimedes would be proud.

I was looking at a small offset that needed wood about the size of pool sticks in diameter to remain even-steven.

Comment

Nice stash of wood there DWC!

Comment

DW, I know it gets coooold in Kentucky. But here in Florida where I am wood is cheap even split wood. I have a guy that gets me a cord of split Oak for $120.00. Simple there is no demand for wood in Florida. Most everyone around here puts gas logs in their fireplaces. Which to me defeats the purpose of a fireplace.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Guy, I cut my own wood for smoking only. I don't heat with it. I have never cook with oak wood just mostly hickory and apple. I'm planning on putting the Lang to work in 2015 I have kin folks from Indiana to Georgia that wants me to cook for them.

DW, you need to be good to cook for the ones from GA. I don't know much about Indiana. I am sure you are up to the task. Have you ever used cherry wood? I smoked some chicken parts (thighs and drums) last weekend with apple and I think I put too much in my WSM. Both trays were full of chickens and I put in three chunks of apple. The meat was excellent in moistness and flavor but I just thought maybe too much smoke.

Comment

LOL...I'm just the average joe backyard q'er. No, I haven't cook with cherry wood yet but I have cut some that I will use when it season out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis