Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT A GREAT SHOW THAT WAS WITH TUFFY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT A GREAT SHOW THAT WAS WITH TUFFY

I REALLY ENJOYED THAT TALK WITH TUFFY WHAT A WELTH OF INFORMATION

Really informative. Harry Soo & Tuffy. Wow, what a great resource we have in the pit!

Comment

It was really good, a lot of it I had already discovered, but learned quite a bit and have even more questions. I was really surprised when he said he used so much rub you couldn't see the meat. From what I've seen on here people have had different results between choice and wagyu, he says he cooks them to the same finishing temp. Whats up with that?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Techniques aren't a perfect cut & dry science, it's interesting to see winning pitmasters use some uncoventional wisdom. Goes to show a person you can do what works for you whether the next guy agrees or not.

This was my first seminar. Great show!

Comment

You know, Tuffy seems like such a great individual. Really driven with a lot of irons in the fire. Don't know how he finds time to compete. I have never figured out how you do comps with a Lang 84 or a Jambo. Big cookers - not that much comp meat. Maybe I am just jealous! LOL

Comment

He definitely was a talker. We could have listened all night, but I bet his wife was starving waiting on dinner until almost 10.

Comment

I totally enjoyed the show last night. I learned much and Tuffy also confirmed that much of what I'm doing with brisket (learned at this website) is right! I could have continued for much longer, listening to cooking tips as well as learning about Tuffy's life story. He's really inspiring.

Comment

I missed the daggum thing last night... will be hitting the re-run this weekend!

Comment

Highlighted the fact that there is a difference in the way he cooks on circuit to impress judges to how it's done for the restaurant. Also liked how it is also different in each of our backyards and on individual cookers.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis