Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in "The Day" pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in "The Day" pics!

This thread is so folks can post the oldest pic they have that shows off how long they've been grillin. Here's me getting started back when I was just a young lad. This pic is probably around 30 years old. We used a very fancy name for the table I'm leaning on. It was the cement table. Pronounced Seeee-Mint of course as is appropriate when one is from the southern state of Alabama.

I spent many many hours getting lost in those woods (they went back for miles way back then) and cooking on that Weber. I made use of the basketball goal too, but not as much, and I was certainly never any good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	28704

Awesome idea PB! I don't have any old pics of me grilling though....

Comment

nor do any of us I'm thinking... GREAT thread for sure

Comment

I think this is the best I have. It's my first smoker, an $80 Brinkmann charcoal cabinet from Home Depot. This is what stood by me through the development of my Rib Rub, Original Shawsh, my epic failure of my first attempt at ribs (going into it completely ignorant, and the discovery of AmazingRibs.com. I still use it today but only as a kiln to dry & preburn logs for my Yoder.

Name:	100_6896.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	28782

I'll add a sepia effect so it looks older... Does this make it qualify?

Name:	100_6896 (2).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	28783
        Attached Files

Comment

Good enough Huskee! It doesn't have to be an ancient photo. 2 weeks old is good if that's the first time someone touched a grill.

Comment

First time I touched one it was a hibachi in like 1982..... I'm looking for a pic.

Comment

Participation to date is disappointing. We shall have to begin the negative bonus points program for slackers that can't cough up ANY sort of old school grillin pics..

Comment

Disappointing he says .. old school grilling he says .. slacker? Pfft How about this for old school?

Name:	IMG_3918.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	29019

This was taken 2 years ago on a camping trip before I knew anything about AR. Some one said something about grilling steaks over a fire .. so that's what we did!! They were awesome That's onions in butter salt and pepper in the foil above the grill. My brother in law can't have a steak without some buttered onions.
                Last edited by cdd315; November 2, 2014, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdd315 View Post
                  Disappointing he says .. old school grilling he says .. slacker? Pfft How about this for old school?
                  This was taken 2 years ago on a camping trip before I knew anything about AR. Some one said something about grilling steaks over a fire .. so that's what we did!! They were awesome That's onions in butter salt and pepper in the foil above the grill. My brother in law can't have a steak without some buttered onions.

That's awesome! When camping you usually don't have the means to do reverse sear, so I'd do exactly what you're doing! I bet that was a tasty meal...

Comment

• cdd315
                    cdd315 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Huskee! Yes from what I remember they were really good.

Curtis it looks like you had requests for "lots O rub" and "NO rub" and nothing in between. Great pic!

Comment

• cdd315
                    cdd315 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL!! No kidding! It looks like Montreal Steak on them and I went pretty heavy. Didn't know any better at that time but hey, we ate and enjoyed Good eats, family and friends! How does it get any better than that?

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis