Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less

About the AR Amazon Link?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kudzu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
    ...As kudzu questioned (and as I reported many moons ago), as soon as you navigate away from its landing page on amazon.com, the amazingribs tag is immediately lost and there is therefore absolutely no benefit at all to AR.
    Well, I was not sure the AR referral was not effected some other way, but I wondered.
    Last edited by kudzu; January 18, 2017, 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Why bother advertising the http://tinyurl.com/amazingribs url at all since it really doesn't work? As kudzu questioned (and as I reported many moons ago), as soon as you navigate away from its landing page on amazon.com, the amazingribs tag is immediately lost and there is therefore absolutely no benefit at all to AR.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by kudzu View Post
    Thanks, Huskee!

Just playing around with it, using the saved link and selecting an item does not create a URL that includes the "?tag=amazi0a8-20" string, though I guess it works. The method you describe as "more precise but more work" is easy enough by simply copying and pasting, and works every time based on the refreshing-the-page test. The tiny extra effort is worth it to know that it is working.

Since it costs me nothing and generates a few pennies for AR, it is a win-win. God knows Jeff Bezos doesn't need the pennies!
    Exactly! Thank you for being willing to do it! Every little bit helps.

Leave a comment:

• kudzu
    replied
    Thanks, Huskee!

Just playing around with it, using the saved link and selecting an item does not create a URL that includes the "?tag=amazi0a8-20" string, though I guess it works. The method you describe as "more precise but more work" is easy enough by simply copying and pasting, and works every time based on the refreshing-the-page test. The tiny extra effort is worth it to know that it is working.

Since it costs me nothing and generates a few pennies for AR, it is a win-win. God knows Jeff Bezos doesn't need the pennies!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Not sure about when navigating away. Saving the link as a favorite or bookmarking it will make it easy to use each time. Also you can do the following, it's more precise but more work:

Manually enter this: ?tag=amazi0a8-20 after the 10-digit code & / in any Amazon product's URL (web address).

1. As an example, the URL for Meathead's book would look like this:

www. amazon.com/Meathead-Science-Great-Barbecue-Grilling/dp/054401846X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484766259&sr=1-1&keywords=meathead+science+of+bbq

2. Here's the same code again with everything after the 10-digit code and the / highlighted in red (it will usually start with "ref"):
    https:/ /www.amazon.com/Meathead-Scie...dp/054401846X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484766259&sr=1-1&keywords=meathead+science+of+bbq

3. Delete what you see in red. The paste this in its place: ?tag=amazi0a8-20

4. It ends up like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Meathead-Scie...ag=amazi0a8-20

You can do this with ANY product, then refresh the screen after the edit. As long as the product remains there, it worked. Add the product to your cart, and repeat.

Thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• kudzu
    started a topic About the AR Amazon Link?

About the AR Amazon Link?

Do I understand correctly, if I navigate to Amazon by clicking on the AR Tiny URL, even if I navigate away from the initial landing page and purchase items through my existing Amazon Prime account, AR will benefit from purchases I make?

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Meat-Up in Memphis