Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best stationary mixer.....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best stationary mixer.....???

Looking at the following for the Mrs. for Christmas. The basic red dude.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/countertop.../stand-mixers/

It's hard to beat a KA for the cash. IMHO. Lots out there for sure. Some are better but I don't think you can go wrong with the classic look and performance.

Comment

Good, I have points too.

Comment

Dont forget value... just sayin

Comment

oh yeh.....

Comment

Happy Kitchenaid owner here. For the Mrs. eh? Haha. Get the sausage and meat grinding attachments and you'll fall in love with it too! lol

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              I concur!!!

I also concur. I have the ice cream attachment and use it all the time. I also love the pasta rollers. If you like pasta, homemade pasta is super easy with this attachment and the standard beater to mix the dough.

Comment

I did a lot of research before getting my KA stand mixer. I really think the Professional 600 is worth the extra money. Its what I ended up with. Apparently in the 5qt there is a plastic gear that is designed to strip under too much pressure, I read quite a few complaints of this happening with dough. They say its an easy fix but...

The 600 has been unstoppable so far. I love my KA. I' should be getting the meat grinder attachment soon!

Comment

I have a KA mixer that I inherited from my grandmother. Thing's probably 40 years old and it's still going strong.

Comment

I have (I should say my wife has) a KA mixer, I think it's the second or third one down from their top tier. It's the one that comes with the stainless bowl, the Artisan I want to say. I want to get a meat grinder accessory for it.

I've heard seen & heard that the dough hook & regular paddle makes a great pulled pork puller by the way. Never tried it myself though.

Comment

I already have a 1/2 horse grinder from Cabela's.

No need for those attachments, at least the sausage and grinding.

In fact, I stuffed so much sausage last winter, we will probably get a sausage stuffer with the crank.

Comment

Jarod, I am sending you a PM concerning Mixer

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...er-accessories

Comment

Our most used attachment is the shredder, followed by the meat grinder. I've read complaints about the grinder that comes with the plastic pusher, which I believe is the current model. The pusher itself isn't the issue; rather, it's how you can tell if the grinder is one of the newer, less well-made ones. We bought ours off of E-bay after making sure it had the wooden pusher, and we've been happy with it. You might want to look around for aftermarket grinder attachments though.

Comment

I have had one of those in my Amazon list for 3 years LOL.
                          There's Breville brand as well, but KA seems to be the most popular

Comment

Hi guys: I have the KA Professional 500 Watt Lift mixer with the 6 Quart stainless steel bowl. I love my KA!!! I got mine at Costco. They do have sales on where they drop the prices by 50 to 80 dollars. Mine was regularly $349.00 and then Costco put out the coupon for 60$ off so I got mine for $289.00. Best money I ever spent. I went out and went on E-bay and got the grinder, slicer attachments. LOVE THEM. Have made much sausage using those attachments, and never had any complaints.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            Rubs Promo
                            Meat-Up in Memphis