Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish List

What's cooker(s) is/are on your wish list? Pretend money were no option.

Would you opt for a pro-level cooker? Would you like one of each of the major types? Would you just like to have one more of something you already have?

I think this will be an interesting topic to hear what we WISH we could have in our backyards/patios/garages.
    Last edited by Huskee; July 19, 2014, 09:02 AM.

I'll start. I wish I had a nice covered patio with an outdoor kitchen. I'd like:
    • a Primo XL kamado,
    • a drop-in Saber infrared gasser,
    • and a Weber Ranch Kettle (the big guy).

Add my offset to the mix and I think that would satisfy me whatever I were to cook.

Comment

Hmm, like Huskee, I want a nice covered cooking area so I could stay drier and warmer during some of my cooks. In/on it, I'd like a good quality offset that doesn't leak smoke so I can play with cooking with red oak as my fuel source (I think it's key for Texas brisket), a Santa Maria-style grill, and then a high-end propane grill for when I don't feel like messing with charcoal. This could have a dedicated searer, although I did some great reverse seared steaks on my dying Charmglow grill just last night.

I don't know enough about infrared cooking to know if I want it and I don't understand the attraction of a pellet cooker..

Comment

Me I want 2 new WSM 22's. I got to buy a ranch kettle for our detroit office. Its BA! I would grab one of those as well. Then I'd start collecting vintage kettles.

The wish list on accessories is way long....................................

Comment

Hmm, Maybe a Weber Smokey Mountain if I outgrow the smokenator kit on my kettle. Also, maybe a PartyQ if it can be adapted successfully for a Weber One Touch without too much work.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
            FLBuckeye commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a Weber silver snd use the Party Q very well with the Smokenator

• wjHunter
            wjHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks FLBuckeye!

I remember fondly the brick-and-stone pit my folks had when I was a kid. I'd like to put a cover over my patio deck (I use the term loosely), build a wood deck running along the side of the dining room and knock a hole in that wall for a door (sliding or French window), and then build a pit from brick and stone with steel-lined chambers. The firebox would be designed with easy ash cleanup in mind. The main cook chamber would be designed for ease of using thermocouple probes.

I don't want an outdoor kitchen, just a damn fine pit.

(PS - I'd also get a full-blown mobile rig including the RV to pull it so I could start doing some competitive BBQ if I ever get the chance to retire. )

Comment

Money no option I would go with something like a Lang 60" or 84'' Hybrid Smoker/Grill to handle all large summer cooks. Then 2 of either the XXL Green Egg or the Primo Oval XL Jack Daniels Edition (JD Edition cuz it looks cool) with all the fixin's and accessories and toys that go with it - and with CyberQ's hooked up to all of em!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
              I'll start. I wish I had a nice covered patio with an outdoor kitchen. I'd like:
              • a Primo XL kamado,
              • a drop-in Saber infrared gasser,
              • and a Weber Ranch Kettle (the big guy).
              Add my offset to the mix and I think that would satisfy me whatever I were to cook.

Similar to you I've been thinking about getting a Primo XL and a Saber infrared. Also been thinking about the camp chef propane smoker, the backwoods chubby, and a small EOS. I have to be careful though as I only have one spot left on the deck where a grill would fit. lol

I'd just be getting them to better understand how they work. Really, the Mak 2 and Hasty Bake together do everything.

Comment

Im looking for water smoker like Miron Mixon's ones! Or something like a Stump. If money was not a problem could be the fuel. I still have not understood if those machines can work with briquettes only. What your opinion about?

Comment

Hmm, money not an object....I would still stay relatively simple, I don't have large parties so I don't need/want all the bells and whistles...
                  I would love a nice outdoor kitchen, under a pergola or other covered area. Complete with sink and refridgerator. For this forums main concern I would have to have a relatively large gas grill/cooktop in that kitchen, with several different styles of grills/smokers on the edges (one Nice pellet smoker, on big green egg, a weber grill) so that I could use whatever tool was needed at the time...

Comment

I'd also love to have a covered area on my deck - coveting a grilling gazebo but the fabric topped ones (aka affordable ones) get bad reviews for use in the rain. My HOA will not allow a metal and hard-topped one.

I would also have loved a Mak 2, but the Rec Tec is a good lower cost alternative.

Comment

I'm buying a Weber S-330 next week to hook up to the natural gas outlet on my patio. But what I'm really lusting after is an Engelbrecht.

Comment

Originally posted by dprice View Post
                        I'm buying a Weber S-330 next week to hook up to the natural gas outlet on my patio. But what I'm really lusting after is an Engelbrecht.
                        Do you know the pros and cons of NG vs Liquid propane?

Comment

• dprice
                          dprice commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know NG is less energy-dense than propane, so you burn more of it to get the same heat. Is there more? If so, and if it's significant, this may have been a very timely post!

The purpose of this purchase is to give my wife (and me) something simple if she wants to grill something during the week, as opposed to the production involved in lighting and maintaining a fire, which she has zero interest in. The NG connection being there adds to the simplicity factor, since she doesn't have to worry about filling propane tanks.

NG is better for low temp smoking since you got to put out more and shouldn't have as many problems with it going out. No more filling up bottles and running out.

I would like a Weber 26.5 Gold and a Rec-Tec. Nothing too fancy for me.

Comment

In my current place I just want a PBC and a BBQ guru setup for my Weber performer. All my monies right now are going towards a wedding, and I'm itching real bad to jump on those goodies. Eventually I want....more...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          Rubs Promo
                          Meat-Up in Memphis