Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really grinds your gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really grinds your gears?

You know, those petty little things that happen day-to-day to irritate you. Jerry Seinfeld is a whiz at making them funny.

What are some of yours?

Please, as always, remember our Pit Guidelines- NO politics, religion, or personal attacks. Keep it fun!
    Last edited by Huskee; March 30, 2016, 08:11 PM.

I'll start-

When every drawer you open in the kitchen has five twist ties in it at any given time. But when you're actually looking for a twist tie there are none to be found anywhere.

Comment

Women's inability to manage time!

Comment

• billg71
        billg71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Subcontractor's inability to manage time!

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        my inability to manage time....

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahahahahaha!

OK everyone. Stand back from Ernest. He's about to get it.

Comment

I get it all the time I'm numb to it. LOL!!

Comment

• _John_
          _John_ commented
          Editing a comment
          You ought to like this then if you haven't seen it, Budweiser commercial from several years ago.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-E2T1hayU

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, quite nearly a dreaded "Beer-On_Screen" incident from that commercial. Reminds me howvery much I love my empty lil' home!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 4, 2020, 10:08 AM.

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember that commercial. I was scared to laugh while my wife was sitting next to me...

When I need a specific screw driver. NEVER around.

A child that will leave a room and leave the light on, yet sit in a room in almost TOTAL darkness and do homework.

Techy things like an ICelsius that won't link up.....OK, that one is current.

Comment

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Or a socket AAAARRRGHHH

• tRidiot
          tRidiot commented
          Editing a comment
          10mm.... always 10mm.

RIGHT! A meatprobe that is telling you it's 170 degrees and you haven't stuck it in yet.

My kid says he's sick and when I say you can stay home he jumps up and down... get dressed kid you are fine. OH and hearing about mine craft...

For the wifey it's I can never find anything in the kitchen and after 30 minutes it's HONEY where is my hungarian paprika.... .... .... .... .... .... ... ...

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
          Jeff_Carley commented
          Editing a comment
          the probe thing stakes home. i have lost three out of my four probes to this affliction. figured they are ruined so i tossed them. hope i was right to do so.

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        When I need a specific screw driver. NEVER around.
        Lol, that just happened to me this morning. I need a Phillips, look in all the drawers, I find FOUR flat heads, no Phillips. No joke, this is why I actually LOLed when I read this.

Comment

I had to buy a freaking Phillips for $7 at Ace just the other day. ugghhh

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s a conspiracy, yes it is!

Yeah it must be something about Phillips... when I don't need them, I have 4 or 5 laying around. But otherwise they vanish.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear there's a new movie coming out called "The Secret Life of Tools".

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, YES! I've taken to hiding some tools so BF can't find them - he takes them and then leaves them where he used them. I have to think of what he may have been doing last to find them. Like the time the kitchen scissors were in the charcoal bin.

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay. Not really trying to be too sarcastic here... but having to type 2 characters when only one will do !
            Last edited by Mudkat; January 4, 2018, 09:04 AM.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings guys but, it is only going to get worse as you get more senior. Some days I just have to be happy that I know my name, where I am at, and what I am suppose to be doing. It is pure He%% when you are at the mall,etc and you can't remember where you parked your car. I mean we see jokes about it all the time but in reality it is real. Just enjoy life's journey and all that little S*!! will take care of its self.

Oh, and back on the subject I just hate it when I put something down at a spot so I will remember where I left it and can't remember the spot. Oh Yea, talk about being irritated, it is like throwing gasoline on a fire, it just makes remembering worse

Comment

• Gunnation
            Gunnation commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey the car at the mall is easy, i always park at sears lol.

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, put stuff in a very safe place so I'll know where it is when I need it; then, when I need it who knows where that safe place is.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not forgetting the car, it's forgetting I drove my wife's car and looking all over the lot for my truck

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
          I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings guys but, it is only going to get worse as you get more senior. . . It is pure He%% when you are at the mall,etc and you can't remember where you parked your car.
          Heck, I'm not a senior yet (although I did become eligible for AARP last year), and I can never remember where I parked my friggin' car

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Denial... Is the first sign of being old. If you got your AARP card last year and say you're not a senior you might have a case of Sometimer's. That the first step of Alzheimer's.😎

People who drive under the speed limit, in the left lane....get outta the way...lol

Comment

• Beefchop
            Beefchop commented
            Editing a comment
            That's my biggest pet peeve!

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeh, and those who enter the freeway at 40MPH. Probably the same ones who slow down on the freeway to 40MPH way before the exit.

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in Florida, the turn signal optional state. A quarter of our drivers were riding in oxcarts a few years ago and half are retirees that "drive slow and sit low".
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-sBagXbT0
            Last edited by Bkhuna; May 4, 2020, 11:13 AM.

A coworker with maybe 5 years of experience telling me the "correct" way of doing things when reviewing my code (keep in mind I have about 30yrs experience programming.) What's sad is that I have to explain to him and the rest of the team (and the whole department at times) what the modern way of doing things is.

I don't mind being questioned about why I do things, but don't tell me I'm wrong just because you've never done it that way before.

Even worse, my manager had to Google what I meant when I told that coworker to stop trying to teach me how to suck eggs.

Comment

Sitting on the toilet taking care of business, and suddenly noticing the toilet paper roll is empty. Uh ohhh...

Comment

• JohnF
              JohnF commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, not here, Now I look before I sit, been caught once myself and never again, well hopefully. LOL

• smokinfatties
              smokinfatties commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what socks are for. I always wear an extra pair of socks just in case...

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              How about if you’re in a restaurant?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis