Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Globetrotting Pitmaster Club Birthday Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Globetrotting Pitmaster Club Birthday Hat

I'm starting a new tradition for the Pitmaster Club. I'll make up the rules as we go but the gist is that we're going to pass a funny hat around and I hope it spans the globe!

The gist so far:
    1) The Pitmaster Club members will pass around chef hats to wear on their birthday for a photo.
    2) Once member has properly displayed the adornment, on his/her head on his/her day of birth celebrations, he/she will send it to the next club member that wants to participate.
    3) Next member recipient's birthday should be far enough away the hat can be sent using a reasonable shipping method.
    4) Once you've made arrangements (via Private Messaging) with the person you're shipping the hat to, make a post in this thread and we'll update the list below.
    5) The hat pic MUST be posted in this thread, and MUST become your avatar as well (for at least a week or two​​.)
    6) So you have to commit to wearing the hat, on your birthday, taking a photo, sharing it in The Pit, making it your avatar, and then shipping it to the next person brave, or naive, enough to participate.
    7) BONUS POINTS if the photo gives you great, but legal, embarrassment. See my tips and techniques thread for the rules on cashing in bonus points. They can really stack up if you do it right.
    8) International members may participate if they can arrange shipping with the person sending it to them as well as the next recipient, so this will be a case by case basis based on member's desire to participate.

fuzzydaddy has a 4th hat that he'll ship as needed to handle upcoming birthdays

Here is the list of folks signed up for the hat.

Mr. Bones tbob4 please edit this post as needed with new member birthdates as they chime in wanting to participate.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 9, 2018, 01:06 PM.

Pit Boss, Dave a Great Idea! My Birthday won't come arround Until 9 Sept. 2017! But I wish You and the Hat Well!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

OK, Slovenia and Jan 18th

Comment

Hey, I'm in! My birthday is on New Year's Eve, so I might beat you to it! Will just have to find a silly hat to wear.

Comment

I'm in July so I'll see how this all plays out.

Comment

January 20. Jerod, you can drive it over to me in Pensacola.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              DHL so that you will have it by March

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkey Hat.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	250276

Something like this?

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mr. Bones. The dog was scared I would try a photo op on her!
              Last edited by tbob4; December 19, 2016, 11:00 AM.

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice portrait, but did you forget you are supposed to wear something on your head?

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Meathead - Hahahahaha. There are too many funny responses I could come back at you with that your moderators would delete. Just thinking of them is making me laugh, thanks.

Jan. 22 ... I may be game.

Comment

This is going to fun Pit Boss 😆 Our extended family loves getting pictures of everyone's birthday hat picture. I think the Pit will have fun with it too. Put me down for next December 11th.👍

Comment

I'm in for November 16, should be in Spring Valley (CA.)

Comment

Count me in! Feb 26.

Comment

Well, if you were to use Breadhead hat, it would be a renewable resource.

Click image for larger version  Name:	monalisa_small.jpg Views:	3 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	250308

Then again, there's nothing like a "Panama" for stylish BBQ-ers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30846.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	250309

Or maybe a "Yosemite Sam"?

Comment

At work, we have something called "The Ears of Shame" - Mickey Mouse ears that people get to wear when they screw something up big-time. And haven't we all done that with BBQ?

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For sure.
                        We have a couple of hats on board the jet for when the boss feels like that last landing just wasn't good enough. Said pilot has to wear until boss approves latest landing. So much fun!

January 2nd. I'll have lunch with Pit Boss and give him the hat next!

Comment

Is it too late to get the turkey hat for December 23? It'll be the big 60.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        Rubs Promo
                        Meat-Up in Memphis