Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatloaf Muffins and Jalapeno Poppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf Muffins and Jalapeno Poppers

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0178.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	24535 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0177.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	24534 Thought I would try something different for a change. Found this meatloaf muffin's recipe on www.smoking-meat.com that sounded good so the wife and I decided to try it along with some jalapeno poppers. More pics will follow.

Name:	image_2609.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	24549 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0182.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	24550 The Poppers were as always goooood and the Meatloaf Muffins was outstanding. On one racks I put homemade BBQ sauce on then and ketchup on the other rack.

Comment

Nice DW! thats looks really good!

Comment

Wow, those look awesome. I always love the crust end of the loaf, so now I can do that many times. Great post. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Great idea, my wife makes those in the oven, one of these days I'll smoke 'em. Have you ever tried turkey burger meatloaf? It is sooo much better than you'd think. Never smoked it though, but smoked turkey burgers are outstanding if taken no higher than 165 so it stands to reason the meatloaf recipe version would be too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            I mix a roll of sausage in with the hamburger meat so next time I will mix sausage with turkey burger.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          ... Have you ever tried turkey burger meatloaf? It is sooo much better than you'd think...
          I haven't tried all ground turkey meatloaf but I have mixed 1.5 lbs ground beef and 1.5 lbs ground turkey and smoked that! From what I remember it was remarkable

DW, that's some mighty fine Q!!

Comment

Originally posted by cdd315 View Post

I haven't tried all ground turkey meatloaf but I have mixed 1.5 lbs ground beef and 1.5 lbs ground turkey and smoked that! From what I remember it was remarkable
            Interesting, I've heard of 50/50 ground pork & beef, but not turkey & beef. Good to know it works out well, thanks!

Comment

• cdd315
              cdd315 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm, ground pork and turkey .. that might be a good combo too, smoked!!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow you're right. I might have to pick up some ground meat for tonight and try one of these instead of a steak....

Yep, that's a good lookin meal!

Comment

Name:	1899237_4719183752855_4479740573858267416_o.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	24744 I forgot to post pics of the poppers

Comment

Those jalapenos look good, YUM

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis