Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Hanging Hooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burn
    replied
    How big are the hooks? I've found hooks at Cabela's that are 4 1/2", 7" or 11 3/4"

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    I ordered extra hooks from the PBC site. Set of 8 for $24.95
    Pass the hook through between 2nd and 3rd bone for full rack or between 1st and 2nd bone if you cut your racks in half, which I prefer.

Leave a comment:

• sgd26
    replied
    Burn on the PBC website they sell hooks separately. A set of 8 will set you back about $25. To hook ribs, set the hook two bones down and you should be fine. Check out Noah's (of PBC Co.) video on ribs:

Leave a comment:

• Pork Lord
    replied
    Thanks burnt orange. :-)

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    commented on 's reply
    And RPG is a user name

• Pork Lord
    replied
    Makes sense now. Thanks boss!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Take a look here,its a good start.

http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...-abbreviations

• Pork Lord
    replied
    Wow… I'm not up on the jargon yet here. PBC? RPG? WSM? GOSM? Relative noob here.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    started a topic Food Hanging Hooks?

Food Hanging Hooks?

With all the PBC talk and RPG's post on his WSM mods and Ernest hanging stuff from his Craycort grate frame, I realized what I might use my gas GOSM for now that I do everything else on my kettle and smokinator. It has hooks for hanging, so I might as well try them out. So my two questions - (1) a good source for food grade hooks, and (2) how the heck do you hook baby backs or spare ribs? It's not like there's a big open area of meat to sink something into.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis