Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Hanging Hooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Hanging Hooks?

With all the PBC talk and RPG's post on his WSM mods and Ernest hanging stuff from his Craycort grate frame, I realized what I might use my gas GOSM for now that I do everything else on my kettle and smokinator. It has hooks for hanging, so I might as well try them out. So my two questions - (1) a good source for food grade hooks, and (2) how the heck do you hook baby backs or spare ribs? It's not like there's a big open area of meat to sink something into.

Wow… I'm not up on the jargon yet here. PBC? RPG? WSM? GOSM? Relative noob here.

Comment

Makes sense now. Thanks boss!

Comment

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      And RPG is a user name

Thanks burnt orange. :-)

Comment

Burn on the PBC website they sell hooks separately. A set of 8 will set you back about $25. To hook ribs, set the hook two bones down and you should be fine. Check out Noah's (of PBC Co.) video on ribs:

Comment

I ordered extra hooks from the PBC site. Set of 8 for $24.95
        Pass the hook through between 2nd and 3rd bone for full rack or between 1st and 2nd bone if you cut your racks in half, which I prefer.

Comment

How big are the hooks? I've found hooks at Cabela's that are 4 1/2", 7" or 11 3/4"

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis