Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

on the topic of Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karon Adams
    Charter Member
    • Feb 2015
    • Chattanooga TN
    • Karon Adams
      Consort of the Flame
      Cooking is a Sacred Endeavour
      Big Poppa's Drum conversion
      Maverick wireless meat & grill thermometers
      Thermopen Instant Read Thermometer
      Pit IQ blower

on the topic of Kickstarter

Everything old is new again? This is not the first time I have seen Cast Iron on Kickstarter. Some things are so very perfect in their simplicity and proven utility that they need little or no improvement. apparently, these folks have decided to make a better Cast iron Skillet. I worry that they are defeating their purpose, slightly, by making the skillet lighter. however, making it smoother would be nice with the seasoning being even more non-stick. Reading the info, imagine my surprise when they reference Dr Blonder. I wonder if he was involved in the project or they are simply using techniques he developed?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ry_ending_soon
  • Abom
    Club Member
    • Sep 2016
    • Ford City, PA
    • (RJ) Kamado K7

Weber 22" kettle

Thermapen

DigiQ Dx2

GeneCafe Coffee Roaster

Well, it doesn't have the spring coil handle that the other "new" pan has, but at least also doesn't have the octagonal sides that I'm not a fan of. That said, I view it as part of the fad of "reinventing" things that don't need to be improved in the first place. I also agree with you that thinner is not necessarily better.

BTW, smoother can be achieved on any CI pan with a little elbow grease or power tool, so I don't see that as a big deal so much as something that any manufacturer should be doing in the first place.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}