Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta meetup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlanta meetup!

Hi all, I am currently in Atlanta, GA, for a conference, and since Barry (Marauderer) lives here, he kindly invited me over to his house for an afternoon with bbq and some great conversations. Hard to pass on such an invite, so I got in my rental car and headed over today. I stopped by the New York Butcher Shoppe on Monroe Drive NE to pick up some nice steaks.

When I arrived Barry had a rack of ribs going on his Rectec, and a pork butt on his Davy Crockett. They’re both pellet grills, and although I’ve never seen a pellet grill before, I’m very impressed with them. You get good smoke with them, but at the same time they are easy to ”set-and-forget”. We had some great conversations about bbq (of course) and other things.

Overall it was such a pleasure coming over and hanging out with another fellow bbq guy. I love the fact that I join a quality bbq forum, and a few months later I meet one of the members after flying around half the world! Great bbq brings people together.

Thanks Barry for a great afternoon! I will definitely come by the next time I am in town. And to whoever shows up in Stockholm, Sweden, my door is open and the grill is a-burning, so get in touch.

The Rectec with the ribs:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3633.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	23721

The Davy Crockett with the pork butt:

Name:	IMG_3631.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	23722

Checking the temp:

Name:	IMG_3630.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	23723

The end result, looking (and tasting) great!

Name:	IMG_3632.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	23720

Wow, what an amazing story! We have a awesome community going for sure. Henrik, thanks for sharing. Barry you a great guy!

Comment

Sounds like a great time. I live in Knoxville....just a hop, skip, and a jump from the ATL.

Comment

Awesome you guys... maybe we all should head over to Atlanta sometime

Comment

That is so cool guys!

My wife & boys will be in NC later this week for a wedding, I cannot make it since I can't get work off. But too bad, because then I'd have to swing over to Pit Boss Dave's house near Charlotte. I'd have to see how he Photoshops his ribeyes so well (ha ha).

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            That is so cool guys! My wife & boys will be in NC later this week for a wedding, I cannot make it since I can't get work off. But too bad, because then I'd have to swing over to Pit Boss Dave's house near Charlotte. I'd have to see how he Photoshops his ribeyes so well (ha ha).
            My pics are untouched! OK I did apply a filter to the very last steak pic I posted cause the new iPhone has it built in, but that's the only time I've done anything to a pic aside from rotate and crop It's too bad you couldn't make it. I'd have treated you to ribeye!

Comment

I know, just messin'. I wish I could come, it'd be cool to swing in there!

Comment

Yes, we had a great time and the next time I will make sure I get the word out and maybe we can have a group get together. Henrik was a great guest and we had so much in common that it was scary. I didn't show him my tractor but next time Henrik you will get the full tour of the "Reade Ranch". Unfortunately, the pork butt hit two stalls and I didn't use a crutch so for a 4-5 butt it was 11.5 hrs till it was done. I noticed Huskee sprinkles some extra brown sugar on his last rib cook and I tried it and no one was unhappy with the results.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis