Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

CampMaid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GadjetGriller
    Club Member
    • Dec 2015
    • Lubbock tx
    • I have 3 outdoor devices (plus a couple indoor items) Starting with the PBC, Faux Kamado Kooker,(Akorn metal Kamado) & Oklahoma Joe offset grill and smoker. I use the FireBoard WiFi Thermometer. IQ110 (heat control device for akorn) recently acquired a Char-Broil Big Easy TRU-INFRARED 3-in-1 Roaster, Smoker and Grill, I also have A Anova & Joule Sous Vide Wands and The Steakager ( a unit for Dry aging big hunks of meat!)

CampMaid?

have any of you seen this? It is kind of kool but its suppose to be for camping? (When I think camping I think backpacking) so to use this thing you have to pack in the cast iron Dutch Oven plus all the charcoal you would need for how ever many days your gonna be camping. I still think its kool but I dont know for camping?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e=38dsa.fnd.to
  • MBMorgan
    Club Member
    • Sep 2015
    • Colorado
    • > Weber Genesis EP-330
      > Grilla Grills Original Grilla (OG) pellet smoker
      > Pit Barrel Cooker (gone to a new home)
      > WeberQ 2000 (on "loan" to a relative)
      > Old Smokey Electric (for chickens mostly - when it's too nasty out
      to fiddle with a more capable cooker)
      > Luhr Jensen Little Chief Electric - Top Loader circa 1990 (smoked fish & jerky)
      > Thermoworks Smoke
      > 3 Thermoworks Chef Alarms
      > Thermoworks Thermapen
      > Thermoworks IR-GUN-S
      > Anova sous vide circulator
      > Searzall torch
      > BBQ Guru Rib Ring

Reminds me of the time back before we got married when I was heavily into backpacking in Montana. My now wife and I decided to spend a weekend in Glacier Park "camping". I showed up with a couple of thousand dollars worth of (then) high-tech ultra lightweight backpacking gear and she showed up with two large coolers ... one for food and the other for beer. Needless to say we didn't get very far off the roadside.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      GadjetGriller ... no comment ...

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Beauty & the Geek!

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan ... Beauty fer sure ... geek? ... OK ... that too ... ...
  • Danjohnston949
    In Memoriam
    • Dec 2014
    • 1410 9th. St. N, Fargo ND

GadjetGriller, Mbmorgan, Boys there was a Time I was an Assist Scout Master? The Boy is Now 40 Yrs Old? He is on the BSA Executive Council for the State of ND! He became an Eagle Scout and is very involved with the Order of the Arrow! When I looked at this KickStarter Project I signed on 3 times and Backed Out 3 Times? I keep saying to Myself You "Damned Old Fool"?? I have at least 3 Dutch Ovens that I haven't used for Years? I need Advice or Counciling! Help!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Advise? No can do. Because I still miss those days (and nights) camping with my son's troop.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Danjohnston949 They have options that dont come with a Dutch Oven. However I'm wondering if its going to make its goal If you feel compelled to do so Go for it if nothing else donated it to the BSA or use it on a scout trip. We have to do things every now and then just because it makes us feel good!
  • cgrover60
    Club Member
    • Mar 2016
    • Albuquerque NM

CampMaid actually has some pretty interesting products so dig out those dutch ovens fellow former boy scouts and check them out. I primarily RV camp solo so it doesn't make sense to haul a grill around so tried their charcoal grill attachment with their nifty lid lifter and inverted dutch oven to create an ad hoc smoker that cooked a couple chicken thighs to perfection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160514_165325.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	238138

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}