Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbantel
    replied
    Barry...stop looking at my browser history!

I was just looking into a fire pit myself, for the back yard, I'm interested to see some ideas. I'd like open flame too.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    the PBC would interupt my fund I am raising for a "Stick Burner".
    You're a good man Barry!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernest View Post
    Or you could just get pbc!
    Thanks, Ernest, the PBC is on my list but, My Darling Wife likes the open flames. Also, the PBC would interupt my fund I am raising for a "Stick Burner". MuttermutterMumblemumble notenoughfundstogeteverything!!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Or you could just get pbc!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Nice tripods Aaron, very mobile for going to camp. I will post a pic of my old pit when I get home today. Mine will not have to be mobile like Jon's so I will not need wheels. Since I am limited in the amount of libations I can consume ai like the hook for a coffee pot and or the small round grate that could also support a pot.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    And here I would just put my old lawnmowers out at the road for the scrap metal scavengers to pick up.....

• Huskee
    replied
    Very nice rig Barry! I realize you're asking abotu fire pits, but since my fire pits consists of rounded cinder block...I'll share my tripod cooker (on loan at my dad's currently) that goes over a firepit. Below are a couple pics from fish camp a few years ago. They're handy. There's a certain pleasure that comes from cooking something when you're out in "the wild" like that, whatever your "wild" is. I've taken it up to fish camp, rustic, boat-in federal land camping in the Huron national forest. Cooking venison loin wrapped in bacon, walleye, and eggs in the morning over a bonfire is da bomb.

Here's my buddy who owned & ran a restaurant and a BBQ catering business in action, making breakfast for us. The white in the background is the AuSable River up near Glennie, MI

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2483.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	22551

And here's me digging in. It was fish camp, not really duck camp.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2488.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	22552
    Last edited by Huskee; October 2, 2014, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Thats a nice rig man. I like this one two.
    Jon, is that one yours??? Now that Aaron has seen it you better lock it up or he will get it.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    lol. redneck city.

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Thats a nice rig man.

I like this one too.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 2, 2014, 06:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    started a topic Fire Pits

Fire Pits

It is getting cooler here in the Atlanta area and we sit out with a fire pit (FP) in the evenings. My current FP is hurting, to say the least, and I am looking at the gazillion FP's that are out there and wondered what the Pit Nation members are using. The below pic is the one I am considering the most as the actual pit is fairly heavy duty. The ancillary equipment will mostly stay in the barn but, I have options.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis