Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For A New Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For A New Grill

I been thinking about getting me an early Christmas present which is a Weber Gas grill > Weber Genesis E-330 Copper Porcelain Enamel 3-Burner (38,000-BTU) Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this grill?

DW, I have had a Weber gas grill on the porch for the last 20 years. My current one is the Summit 470. I would recommend instead of the E330 getting an S330 as all the burners, flavor bars, grates, and burners are stainless steel and it will take considerably longer to wear out than the components on the E series. I bought mine on line and saved almost 30% on what I would have paid locally. Anyway the Genesis is a great grill and the $100 difference between the E and the S makes the S a much better deal in my assessment.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if they have the S-330 in copper? The wife likes the copper.

I got the S330 and would highly recommend it. It will rust too, just not as quickly as the porcelain coated cast iron (had the silver genesis previously). Mine is 2 years old and needs new flavor bars already. You can't get them right now, only special order because they are short front to back oriented. I use it 3-4 times a week, so thats pretty good.

Comment

DW,
      I have an E series in a bigger grill and an old Gen Silver. I had a first generation Genesis that I gave away. It's still cooking. Not to contradict Barry at all but the porcelain enamel cast iron grates in the E will last a long time. So will the flavor bars. I have ten+ years on the grates in my Gen Silver and I'm thinking its time for them to go. Thats not bad for a 3 night a week grill.

What I can say it the porcelain enamel hood on the E is a dream. Easy to keep looking clean if you want.

No matter what its a Weber. Its going to be nice. Wife likes copper. Need I say more.

Comment

Go with the EP-330. Read our review.

Comment

Well since The wife likes copper color then that is the one to get!! I believe in keeping the wife happy, I have enough other s%$$ to worry about!

Comment

I have a lot of stainless steel on my deck and that stuff is shiny. I'd go with the Copper EP-330 like Max recommends. Max is always right.=)

Comment

Thanks Marauderer for your input but the S470 is more than I wanted to spend. We (the wife and I) have decided to get the EP330. Thanks for all the inputs.

Comment

You will be happy with that. Didn't know they had a EP model, I would rather have a colored lid than SS anyways. The new webers have a different burner set ups going front to back rather than older style going horizontal. This is an improvement. It makes it easy to cook pizza with less heat under the stone. The searing burner is good for steaks, but I am thinking about getting some "grillgrates" to make it even easier to sear quickly.

Comment

I could not find the EP330 so I order the E330 instead. I'm pretty sure I will be happy with it and the wife will be too because of the copper color. That should complete the cooking equipment Lang 48" Deluxe, 22 1/2" WSM and two Weber charcoal grills.

Comment

I'm stoked for you DW. I love my E Summit. Now if I can just save enough to get me a Lang.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jon you would love the Lang. I still got a lot of learning with it but that's the fun part. The most important that I have learned is that the wood needs to be season and dry for better fire management.

DWC, you'll have to join the ranks of Meathead, Max, and Pit Boss Dave with that lineup you're amassing. Time to reinforce your deck! #jealous

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL Huskee I'm in the process of remodeling the deck now. I was seriously thinking about getting the RecTec but I need to learn to master the Lang first.

You guys are making me feel like I need to shop for another grill or two. lol

Post pics when she comes in DWC?

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I order it online from Lowes and the email from them stated that it should be in Oct. 3rd which is good because I won't be home until then. I will take pics

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                    You guys are making me feel like I need to shop for another grill or two. lol

Post pics when she comes in DWC?
                    Yep Dave, you need a Yoder stickurner.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post

Yep Dave, you need a Yoder stickurner.

I've thought about it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis