Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just For Fun/Gold Medal Giveaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just For Fun/Gold Medal Giveaways

Like the "what would you do if you won the lottery" thing.

Based on what's left to pick, you happen to win the Gold Medal Giveaways.

What are you going for? Its a hard question for me.

I want the Weber package but maybe I want the Mak or the PBC or the... Whos knows. Just something to kibitz on.
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 22, 2014, 12:56 PM.

Would love to do a class with Harry Soo but the travel expenses might be prohibitive. The Mak might be a good choice and possibly the PBC due to the amount of positive feedback it gets from here.

Comment

I'd be torn, if I picked up the Napoleon Prestige I think that's the first and last gas grill I'd ever own. It looks well built and seems like it has a few quality options available. I'm just torn, I've always been a charcoal guy at home. I like the idea of dual fuel being an option. I'd certainly use the rotisserie.

The other option would be one of the pellet smokers. I love my weber kettle, but she's a hungry mistress and constantly feeding her has prevented me from thinking about brisket or anything else that's a longer term commitment then a pork shoulder. I think with a pellet smoker I"d feel more comfortable trying my hand at brisket.

Comment

• IrondeQuer
        IrondeQuer commented
        Editing a comment
        prochu, have you tried a brisket flat on your kettle? I've had good luck with them and you can always finish in the oven. The kettle is remarkably versatile.

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        I do briskets and butts in my 22.5 " Weber and don't use all that much charcoal. I have the Smokenator and the Party Q. I also bought 240 lbs. of Kingsford blue bag when it was on sale a few weeks ago. A 20 lb. bag only cost $5. Less than half a bag for a cook is only $2.50. Not bad

I love my PBC but I need additional capacity and a pellet smoker sounds cool, i'd like to try one.

Comment

The Weber Genesis

Comment

I haven't, how long did it take you?

Comment

I would go with the PBC, probably. I just got a new gaser with IR features, and I'm a charcoal guy at heart. A pellet smokers is a worthy option too, but I really like how my BGE works, so I'm not sure if a pellet is kind of redundant.

And I keep seeing all this PBC/UDS posts and its got me curious!

Comment

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              See what I mean bb, its hard to decide right?

The Good One Open Range would have been my first choice, but that's not an option. For whatever reason, I don't have much interest in a pellet smoker. I just got my Performer Silver and Smokenator, and my GOSM gas smoker, so I don't need the Weber package. I'd probably go with the Napoleon Prestige - it's more grill than I'd probably ever need, but I do need a new gas grill and the rotisserie and sear burner would be nice.

Comment

For me it would be the Weber combo. ever too many kettles or bullets

Comment

I have no idea what they are offering since I my only job here is to make sure Jon stays in line

Kidding, if I was a regular joe on here, which I am, more like a step-joe......I would get the pellet grill, I guess they have a nice one listed.....

The entertainment and all around atmosphere on here is sooooo nice to be part of.......that's gold in of itself....
                Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 22, 2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nice.....NOT

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JB, you've got the toughest job on here

I'm drooling over the Napoleon gasser, mighty nice machine. That or the Hasty Bake. But alas, I cannot win....

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its about the dream man, the dream!

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So we are to dream for other people, what kind of mess is that duck man??!!

• boftx
                  boftx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought Aaron was already a gasser.

You can dream like you might win. I dream of winning the lotto but never by tickets. Hmmmm I guess that is a bit odd isn't it.

HEY! did you know that game show host should only host game shows?

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 23, 2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo
                Meat-Up in Memphis