Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Smartphones or dumb phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    The iPad is fine, maybe even better, for screwing around on the Internet and doing light work, and for photos. But Android is a better true mobile device because of the interconnectivity among apps. (My opinion.)

• JohnF
    commented on 's reply
    Same here I started with an iPhone but got real tired with Apple controlling everything on it, switched to Android for a phone and have never regretted it, I'm keeping the iPad for facetime with the grandkids.

• Breadhead
    replied
    Hmmm... Remember I'm retired. I don't bother wearing a watch anymore. I don't buy green bananas, I don't take more than 2 shirts to the dry cleaners and I never buy more than a half of a tank of gas.😆 I don't wrap my briskets or pork butts and I rarely charge my Tracfone.😎. I don't allow being rushed!

Being out of the hustle and bustle of intense business transactions, making stuff happen and keeping customers, employees and bankers happy is no longer my focus.😁

The vast majority of my communications is iOS texting. Those that I'm close to know how to get in touch. Those that want to waste my time don't.😎

I've found that in retirement... Less is more and being somewhat hermatile is a good thing.😆

Less is more... I didn't get a television until I was 7 years old. We had a rotary dial phone that was on a party line until I was a teenager. We had no fax machines or computers.

I used to buy furniture for the largest furniture rental company in America that had 16 warehouses and 100 showrooms... And no computer.

I'm not sure the computer/smart phones has made things easier.😔
    Last edited by Breadhead; September 27, 2015, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Wouldn't own a smart phone if you paid me. Don't need the leash--or the monthly bill. We do have a cheapie Trac Phone that we buy minutes for to use when we travel.

I LOVE my IPod Touch 5, which for me is basically an MP3 player and e-book device, plus a flashlight (lol). I'm a birder and a gardener, so I have a bird book (complete with bird vocals) and the Sunset Garden book as references on the IPod. Great apps--unit conversions, star map, the Constitution, periodic table, on and on. Rarely use the WiFi capability, except at home when checking weather and such.
    Last edited by Willy; September 26, 2015, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oldsteve
    commented on 's reply
    Like you, I have a TracFone that I leave in the car in case I have to call AAA. I use Ooma as my home phone. I've had several I-Things that I ended up giving to my nephew because of the small screen size and my poor eyesight. Very frustrating to use!

• Danjohnston949
    commented on 's reply
    @PimasterCowboy, You just depicted the story of my life! You lads from down under aren't half bad! Dan

• Noonesperfect
    commented on 's reply
    We eliminated the land line completely - one less annoyance. We also don't jump to answer the phone unless we're at home (unless it's my mother of course 😓). People can always leave a message, and we want to enjoy whatever we're doing without constant interruptions.

• PitmasterCowboy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	technology_evolution.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	112276 Life is something you work towards.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Boys and Girls, I was born before there was electricity to the old farm, I tamped the poles in when Dad and a bunch of old neighbors put the Party Line in. By that time I could drive to town and chase the girls without them knowing I was on the Way! This is Progress?, iPhone, iPad, Land Line, 24 hr. a day instant access, disgruntled people if you don't have time! It's good that Amazing Ribs is here or I would think I was part of the Lunatic Fringe? Dan

Leave a comment:

• Noonesperfect
    replied
    I use a Samsung flip phone. After all, it's a phone - all I want is something that works well for its intended purpose. For everything else smartphone-like, I use an iPad with 4g access. No texting unless I have wifi access, but that's pretty much everywhere these days, and I have email and Internet access wherever I go.

Leave a comment:

• PitmasterCowboy
    commented on 's reply
    Elvis was a Stooge. He had no ability if it was not for Colonel Tom Parker. Elvis was a great musician as a visionary he made great movies.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Android is good stuff. Melikes.

• gcdmd
    replied
    I still use a Pantech C3b flip phone.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	Get_Smart.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	112256 ......

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I have never once owned or used an iPhone. Elvis was a visionary, but he didn't invent music. Lol.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis