Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR App

Just wondering if AR will have an app any time in the future?

DWC I forwarded this to Meathead. He's probably the best guy to answer that question. My suspicion is not any time soon, but also not ruled out for the future.

Comment

something like this??

Click image for larger version

Name:	apps.gif
Views:	6
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	19281

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they have screen protectors

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt.

That's good Jerod!

DW: We have some ideas and now that we have some cash on hand (thank you Pitmasters!) we are starting to get serious about designing one (or more). Something Dr. Blonder and I have discussed is developing some predictive tools. You enter some data and it will try to predict cooking time. Maybe even linked to a theremometer. Its a pretty complicated formula...

In the interim we hope to have a complete redesign of the site by end of year making it really mobile friendly so you can have the whole website on your smartphone if you have a web connection. I have a designer and a programmer working on it now and we hope to test the prototype in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds pretty kool Meathead

Please have the mobile site have the option of going back to full site on the phone or tablet.

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        Who would want one?

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        People with novels and screenplays to write. Schools here are always requesting iPads, I can't stand that, a terrible locked down system and a language they won't use anywhere else. Spend the same money for 4 android tablets and let them code a language most of the world uses.

• _Keith
        _Keith commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a good chance that your browser has that option built in

How about getting the forum put up on Tapatalk?

Comment

Meathead, one feature I'd love to see on your app is if you integrated your cooking log ((http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...oking_log.html) on to it, especially if it were then downloadable onto a computer. I keep a "cooking notebook" on my computer with recipes/techniques etc that I can revisit and refine from time to time and I would get a lot out of that feature. I'm envisioning a couple of pre-loaded pull-down menus, so a couple of taps and you could log in, e.g., 8# pork butt, dry brined 24 hrs, rubbed with Memphis Dust, etc. etc...

Comment

That's awesome. The only problem I have with this site is reading recipes on my phone or tablet. I'd definitely download it on Android, and if you're accepting requests, I'd love it to be in the Amazon app store so I can use it on my Kindle Fire.

Comment

and to think, I just asked for a simple print button..click recipe, print recipe. Boy, am I dating myself!

Comment

and dont forget the monkeys hehehehehe

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis