Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldest working Weber Kettle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldest working Weber Kettle?

I wonder who has some of the oldest kettles still in use, I have one that I bought used about 30 years ago.
    22.5 Red, No date code, wood top handle and steel wheels. From what I can come up with, it's a minimum of
    46 years old, It will be interesting to see if my mid 2000 gold model last that long. (of course I'll be dead by then)

Some historical info on kettles:

Edit: Well, I can't get a direct link to work but there is a Weber Age Guide tab that has quite a bit of info.

Comment

• A Fid
      A Fid commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at kettle club, the photos of the 60's kettles have plastic wheels, what I gather is the change to plastic wheels was '68, Rust must have been the culprit for a change to plastic for the older restored '60's photos. Great info at that site.

I wonder what kind of uproar occurred when Weber went from the wood handle to plastic...

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
      I wonder what kind of uproar occurred when Weber went from the wood handle to plastic...

I didn't hear any tree lovers complaining.

I do however know of a woman that tied herself to a HUGE road sign on the I-10 bridge in Lake Charles over Poly Vinyl Chloride.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Great grandpa told the story where his little town in GA protested bringing in electricity, it would destroy their way of life.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        @John, now everyone in America is on the horn to the power company when the power goes out during a storm!

• charchamp
        charchamp commented
        Editing a comment
        PVC??!! maybe her husband worked for a mill that manufactured cast iron piping. hahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140817_001.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	19370 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140920_001.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	19368 Brainerd Minnesota protested fluoridated water and won.

On a lighter note, here is my old stand by weber 22.5 grill. with as Jerod has pointed out "rustic handles"
      Last edited by charchamp; September 20, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• charchamp
        charchamp commented
        Editing a comment
        someone bought me a cover for it years back and I use that to cover my charcoal, lol

That is neat....funny how some "rustic" stuff actually won't rust....pee-culiar.

Comment

he said pee hehehehe!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeh, and so did Woody Harrelson on "The Cowboy Way"

Had to brake out my old (ER) kettle Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	205392

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis