Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow cooking 2 shoulders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow cooking 2 shoulders

Having a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow. I volunteered (or is it voluntold?) to cook two 10lbs shoulders. Put them on around 6:30 pm. They are at 162 degrees at the moment and looking good. Going to grab some shut eye and check on them in a few hours.

These have the Memphis Dust (with salt) on them. Spritzed with Apple Juice and am using both Alder and Apple wood pellets. This is where the pellet grill with a digital feeder is nice to have. Set it on 225 and it stays at 225. Just make sure the hopper is full of pellets.

Maybe some photos when it is daylight. I'll check back in later.

I have been getting more requests for lunch time cooks, which makes the pellet very appealing. You'll be waking up to meat Christmas! They don't appreciate good bark, so best that you sample plenty of that before you take it in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis