Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRINTING RECIPES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRINTING RECIPES

Is there anything in the works on this site to make the wonderful recipes more easily printable as they are on most cooking sites (and I am NOT calling this a cooking site, it's wayyyy more than that)? Don't get me wrong...I love reading all the great info, but while I am scrolling through pages and pages to find those I want to print, the beef we are raising for you to put in these recipes is getting no attention. I read here where folks have their computer on kitchen counter to follow along scroll, scroll, scroll or load them on their iPad, iPhone into Evernotes (whatever the hell that is) etc. etc.. , I have no idea how they're doing that and I am too old and too dang busy to care. Can we have a simple click recipe, click print? Perhaps you have covered this in previous topics of which I am unaware? Or am I overlooking the obvious? There already IS a click and print?

I have a Microsoft Word template I use. I just copy / paste the info into the Word template and "save as" the recipe name. I edit out the stuff I don't need and also so it will fit on a certain number of sheets. I then put the recipes into a 3" binder in plastic sheet protectors. Some use their phones or tablets but I have neither. Good luck

Comment

I use Word as well, copying and pasting and editing out the extraneous stuff. When I use the recipe, I add in my notes on changes I make. Works great.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; September 17, 2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I'm with you on the copy & paste into Word thing. I made a post about it on Disqus some months ago. If you take out unnecessary pictures and shrink the font to 9 or 10 you can eliminate a lot of space from each. In the case of one of the smoker buying guides, I could eliminate several pages by doing this. I think as things progress Meathead will eventually get around to a print function, but these things take time, this would be a major overhaul of his many many recipes and web pages, which he designed as text only through the years as he added them.

Comment

On the Ranch has a good point. I copy and paste also but, it would nice to be able to print/save the recipe's that I am interested in into my library. I guess I should be happy that MH allows us to cut and paste and hasn't locked the articles as read only.

Comment

Everyone should note that the pages have already been somewhat optimized to print. Hit the print button in your browser and look at the print preview. There are NO ads. Those are taken out so you can have the full page to print the recipe.

Comment

• ontheranch
            ontheranch commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi David, yes I know but Meathead's Memphis Dust takes 4 pages. So I have to find the particular pages and just print them.

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
          Everyone should note that the pages have already been somewhat optimized to print. Hit the print button in your browser and look at the print preview. There are NO ads. Those are taken out so you can have the full page to print the recipe.
          This much I did not know, since I don't usually print them, I store them as Word files. I will remember this and pass it along. Thanks PB.

Comment

Thank you all for the info. I must be the laziest person on here but I find the copying, pasting, scrolling, editing, saving a lot of falderol. However, I did not realize it would take a major overhaul of the site. So I will just continue jotting recipes down on index cards in my cowgurl shorthand and be happy that I can get these recipes.

Comment

No, Ontheranch, I'm the laziest person on here because I can't be bothered with recipes. I look at it once, pour out a glass and do it my way. LOL

Comment

• ontheranch
                ontheranch commented
                Editing a comment
                Now THAT makes sense!!!!

I use something called Living Cookbook, it is a recipe management software package. (http://www.livingcookbook.com/).

I picked this up so I could import all of the ceramic cooker recipes on from the Naked Whiz BBQ site that were in this format. Since then, I have put a lot of other recipes I have picked up here and there.

Comment

• ontheranch
                ontheranch commented
                Editing a comment
                thx Bill, I'll check it out.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis