Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peach Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peach Wood

I saw the recent post on cherry wood and inspired me to try it... delicious!

My wife got me some peach wood a while back at a farmer's market and I've been using it quite a bit in my PBC for ribs and pork shoulder.

Does anyone else have any experience with peach wood and thoughts on what it is best used with?

Sounds like it would be great for pork... but in reality it is probably good for everything!

Comment

I'm a big fan of peach wood. I have a small stack of it I bought from FruitaWoodChunks.com
      I use it where I'd use apple (which has successfully been everything from salmon to brisket). Not saying it's the best with beef but it's mighty fine if it's what you have. Has a heavenly scent coming from the chimney.

Comment

I've got peach from Fruitawoodchunks too (though they're chunks since I'm neither lucky enough nor craftsman enough to own an offset stick burner yet) and I do like it with the dry sweet-ish ribs I do. That's all I've tried it on so far

Comment

Probably just my taste buds, and lack of testing, but most of the flavor comes from the coals, and the only wood I can really taste in the PBC is cedar, hickory and mesquite. I do want to try some good oak but haven't yet.

Comment

I'm like John. I very rarely use wood. I been meaning to drop some cherry at the start of a chicken cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis