Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to cook something! NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boftx
    replied
    Fire up the grill and do some ABTs.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    I might do some chicken, I don't know. I gotta do something.

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    Those of us who love to cook.... We just gotta cook!

I smoked four racks of ribs and two chickens (and a batch of Classic Deli Coleslaw) on Saturday, for some friends. Sent a lot of leftovers home with them, but my fridge was still full of leftovers.
    http://amazingribs.com/recipes/slaws...our_cream.html

On Sunday, I still wanted to cook something....

I ended up making a stock from all of the chicken bones, spines, and giblets. Have you ever looked at those smokey little wing tips and wondered what good they are? They don't have any meat on them.... but they can flavor up a stock like anything!

I've got six quarts of fresh stock and a bunch of leftover chicken. I'm thinking maybe a big old Chicken & Sausage Gumbo.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Well no BBQ. The guys called and said they want to install the new patio door... tomorrow. So traffic in and out of the house will be impossible until about 2PM.

Argh. But we do want that door installed.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    I hear ya, Mosca !

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    started a topic I need to cook something! NOW!

I need to cook something! NOW!

Well, not actually right this minute, I'm at my desk at work.

But between home life and the weather, every day that I might make something good has been bolloxed, as the Brits say. I need to cook something tomorrow, when I'm off.

It's going to be baby back ribs. I can do the six hours starting late morning, I don't want to start a butt at 5AM, or a brisket at midnight tonight. But I can do the ribs. Don't know whether I'm going to use the BGE, like I'm used to, or learn the kettle. I'm leaning toward the kettle, though, I think it will be pretty simple.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis