Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less

I need to cook something! NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mosca
    Charter Member
    • Oct 2014
    • PA
    • Large Big Green Egg, Weber Performer Deluxe, Weber Smokey Joe Silver, Maverick 732, DigiQ, and too much other stuff to mention.

I need to cook something! NOW!

Well, not actually right this minute, I'm at my desk at work.

But between home life and the weather, every day that I might make something good has been bolloxed, as the Brits say. I need to cook something tomorrow, when I'm off.

It's going to be baby back ribs. I can do the six hours starting late morning, I don't want to start a butt at 5AM, or a brisket at midnight tonight. But I can do the ribs. Don't know whether I'm going to use the BGE, like I'm used to, or learn the kettle. I'm leaning toward the kettle, though, I think it will be pretty simple.
  • richinlbrg
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Leesburg, VA. (Northern, VA)
    • We have two weber kettle grills (one LARGE and one small/average), the SnS and the Weber Smokey Mountain 18" smoker. We use both natural lump charcoal and KNB for smoking and measure our temps with a Maverick 733, thermopen and MK4. Favorite beer depends on what is cooking (alt answer is yes).

I hear ya, Mosca !

Comment

• Mosca
      Charter Member
      • Oct 2014
      • PA
      • Large Big Green Egg, Weber Performer Deluxe, Weber Smokey Joe Silver, Maverick 732, DigiQ, and too much other stuff to mention.

Well no BBQ. The guys called and said they want to install the new patio door... tomorrow. So traffic in and out of the house will be impossible until about 2PM.

Argh. But we do want that door installed.

Comment

• Del
        Del
        Former Member
        • Jun 2016
        • Madison, WI

Those of us who love to cook.... We just gotta cook!

I smoked four racks of ribs and two chickens (and a batch of Classic Deli Coleslaw) on Saturday, for some friends. Sent a lot of leftovers home with them, but my fridge was still full of leftovers.
        http://amazingribs.com/recipes/slaws...our_cream.html

On Sunday, I still wanted to cook something....

I ended up making a stock from all of the chicken bones, spines, and giblets. Have you ever looked at those smokey little wing tips and wondered what good they are? They don't have any meat on them.... but they can flavor up a stock like anything!

I've got six quarts of fresh stock and a bunch of leftover chicken. I'm thinking maybe a big old Chicken & Sausage Gumbo.

Comment

• Mosca
          Charter Member
          • Oct 2014
          • PA

I might do some chicken, I don't know. I gotta do something.

Comment

• boftx
            Founding Member
            • Jul 2014
            • Las Vegas, NV
            • CharGriller Pro COS
              Oklahoma Joe COS
              Maverick 732 thermometer
              Red Thermapen
              Favorite beer: Scotch

I know I make damn good BBQ cause my 3 dogs have NEVER said no to it. (OTOH, my 13yr old says no to just about everything, except my ribs.)

Fire up the grill and do some ABTs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
            See more
            See less
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Meat-Up in Memphis