Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your Outdoor Kitchen Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is your Outdoor Kitchen Set Up

I have been working on trying to organize my Outdoor Kitchen without spending thousands of dollars on storage etc. I got this idea on another site and the price was right, $425 picked up at my local Sam's Club

As you can see it supports my two grills and Wok burner.

I will do assembly thread on the rolling cabinet and show what I am storing in it.

So what does your setup look like??

I'm eyeballing that rolling cabinet big time, Marauderer. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Kathryn

Comment

• ontheranch
      ontheranch commented
      Editing a comment
      K, check out quill.com I bought a rolling kitchen cabinet from them with drawers, doors and shelves, knife slots, paper towel holder, wood top. It is NOT weather proof, but our deck is covered so it is protected. A bit narrower than I like but the price was right and it's very handy.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, ontheranch. Good to know. I'll check it out.

K.

This sums mine up....very portable....carry only...the foil was/is an optional add on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4briskt7.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	17586

Comment

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      Jrod, that looks High Speed/Low Drag!! And it will work.

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey that looks like PBC lid prop!

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That dude worked so good propping that lid, I keep it on one of the handles for the next multi-brisket cook.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 14, 2014, 02:58 PM.

Hi Kathryn, I am still salivating over those peppers that Timkatt is cooking. I will be talking about what I am going to store in the cabinet and how to weather proof it so I can leave my cooking equipment in it and not have to worry about it.

Comment

Nice! I like that wok burner, too!! I normally use my turkey fryer for that but like the legs on yours.

BTW, my setup is similar to Jerod's, except it's round, metal and rusted like crazy. Still very functional!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        The Tetanus Table. Cause of the rust....

Comment

• ontheranch
        ontheranch commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! This is awesome

D, that is fantastic, I hope you are happy with it. Is it on a raised porch or veranda? Running water, both hot and cold, fridge and what about the drawers? are any of them warming drawers?? Anyway, Enjoy!!

Comment

Inside!

Comment

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          No no no no, look at the outside railing Mark. Or do you know D and have been there?

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          I was joking that my outdoor kitchen is inside - in other words, I don't have one.

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          That's OK, I didn't have anything for years but recently I have been working real hard to get some things that I have wanted. You do have a RecTec though or did you take your neighbors? Haha!

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
        D, that is fantastic, I hope you are happy with it. Is it on a raised porch or veranda? Running water, both hot and cold, fridge and what about the drawers? are any of them warming drawers?? Anyway, Enjoy!!

No warming drawer, not in the budget. The top "drawer" flips down and there is a paper towel holder behind it. Very handy.

I wish I had put a bigger sink out there. The one that's there is good for rinsing things off, pouring out drinks, etc but you really can't wash anything. I really need one big enough to wash plates, cutting boards and stuff.

It's on a covered patio about 8 feet off the ground. Good breeze and hardly any bugs

Comment

<<It's on a covered patio about 8 feet off the ground. Good breeze and hardly any bugs>>

Hind sight is always 20/20. I have had similar situations. Ggrrrrr!

Wow that is worth a bunch just on its own. What area are you in?

Comment

I agree with Mark! My outdoor kitchen is indoors!

No, I have an old patio table with the faux textured glass top that doubles as my outdoor kitchen, it's parked beside my Yoder. On it sits my faux cambro, under it sits my various woods (currently apricot, peach, pecan, and oak barrel staves) and my shreds of spent Kford bags to use in the chimney. It's messy, sometimes it gets rained on and dirt sticks to it. I will not post a picture of it for fear people will think I'm a scuzz bag. It's nowhere near as nice as your setup Barry. But it's clean and it does the job. My actual food prep is done inside, where there's Lysol and no bugs.

Comment

• ontheranch
              ontheranch commented
              Editing a comment
              lol Sounds like a picture of my cow camp without the Yoder. A fairly large wooden table homemade with whatever planks and 2x4's were available. My small Weber Q on it. A rusty old Weber kettle under the tree. Rain, snow, mud, and dripping pitch from the tree add to the ambiance. Do they still sell Lysol.....haven't seen that in years. But it was funny

• Papa Bob
              Papa Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              marauderer, my friend you are showing your age ,bottles for soda, turning them in for the deposit man that was so last century lol

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              It was 1965 and it has been ingrained in my memory and is a part of me. I guess now that I am more senior it makes me seam old. We didn't have recycling back then and didn't need it because stuff was reclaimed or you paid for it. Oh well, enough nostalgia for now.

Ok, here's mine. Nothing fancy, but it's all I need to have the best BBQ in my circle of family & friends, that's what matters.

The red tub under the table holds my current charcoal bag that I'm working on at any given time, and some shreds of leftover charcoal bags that I use as chimney starters. It also has my oak, pecan, and what's left of my apricot wood.
            The cardboard box holds my peach logs. My apple logs are in another spot across the way.

Name:	IMAG5408.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	19259

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Yessir, apple logs

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, I bet you get some really great food out of that unit that has the apple logs in it. I would really love to have a "Stick Burner" but don't know where I would put it.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Barry, with all the convenience of the wifi and pellets and such, I'm a firm believer you just can't beat the flavor of wood logs. By comparison to the fancy schmancy electronics out there stickburners are a "pain" sure, but worth it.

Dude Thats manly as all get out.

Brings this to mind:

Name:	steam_train.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	19361

Pics of mine tomorrow.

As promised:

I know some of you have already seen the garage side of my set up:

This is the other part:

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 21, 2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              Jon do you wax your grills? Everything looks better than new. I bet that canopy is great keeping bthe winds off your equipmemt so you get a better cook. Where is your scratch built smoker??

• Jon Solberg
              Jon Solberg commented
              Editing a comment
              No wax. I think Weber says don't wax them. The WSM one the Summit sit outside with covers and the Performer stays in the garage. They get a wipe down and thats it. The canopy is the best 89 buck I ever spent. I have 3 of those wind walls and 4 screen walls so I can do whatever I need.

The homebuilt is at my house. This is my fishing camp.

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, now I remember. Are you able to enjoy the Fish Camp year round. If I remember correctly you ice fish in the winter.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo
          Meat-Up in Memphis