Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean up an oil spill!!!!!!! uggghhhhh...motor oil in my truck cab....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean up an oil spill!!!!!!! uggghhhhh...motor oil in my truck cab....

Bought two, 5 quart jugs of Mobile1 synthetic at wal-mart the other day. Getting them out to change my oil, one is EMPTY.

Apparently, it had a small pin hole cut at the bottom, and it leaked about 4 1/2 quarts out all over some hunting stuff.....I could puke right now.

Use some Speed Dry to soak up the biggest part of it then clean the rest with Dawn dish washing soap

Comment

OH NO! DW is spot on!

Comment

Thanks. It leaked just inside the door in the cab where all the wires run. Nice pool of oil there I am trying to get out with paper towel.

Can't believe this crap.....

Where can I find that Speed Dry??

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          You can get it at any auto parts store and I think Walmart has it

Look on the bright side, you wont have to change your truck carpet for another 3-5,000 miles

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          You moron, here I am in pain and you fail to realize that synthetic is good for at least 5,000 miles

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you can squeeze 7,000 out of it. There's always a bright side JB. Long lasting carpet vibes to you my friend.

auto parts store... did realize it was in your truck.....

Comment

I feel for ya on the hunting clothes. If it's any consolation, I have 3 little boys, ages 4, 5 1/2, 8. Everything I own has been ruined, left outside, smashed, dented, rusted, tipped over, ran over, mowed over, or otherwise broken. Even my 50" Samsung got broked a couple weeks ago.

Great tips on how to clean it up. I'm sure my day is coming with that.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Ouch on the 50". I don't do the TV thing. I got plenty with the net. The kids have some 20" or something for their approved movies and games.

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Aron, it won't end till their junior year of college... Then you miss it :/

OK, will check as soon as the wife gets back. I have 4 racks of beef back ribs in the PBC. This will be the most apathetic cook of my life.....

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheap Dollar General kitty litter will do it as well

Good advice Jon. Yes it will

Comment

Jerod to clean the carpet mix Dawn with hot water and scrub the hell out of it and take a shop vac to it. You may have to repeat 2-3 times

Comment

Thanks DW, Jon, maybe Huskee

I got it poured on in that groove to soak that crap up. My floor is not carpet, just that black textured mat.

Thanks again......

Comment

I don't do TV either, live TV....other than a couple PBS stations that I pick up with an antenna. Too much junk on TV and it's too expensive. We do Netflix and have a Roku box. I have every disc of Seinfeld and Survivorman ever made, and I watch Wings on Netflix. I enjoy quite a few things on PBS. That about sums up TV for me. My kids love Wild Kratts and My Big Big Friend on PBS.

Comment

I watched every episode I could of Corner Gas on Youtube. Man that show cracked me up!!!!

Comment

Dawn is the way to go with grease/oil. I have recently learned (learned twice actually) that Dawn can be used to clean Desitin off of carpet, wood furniture, blankets, teddy bears, clothes, beds, pillows, walls, etc... etc... etc...

Gotta love life with a 2 yr old!

Comment

You look like a dodge guy, few minutes with a match ought to do the trick Cat litter is great, I was a mechanic for a while and had a problem draining our oil catching thingy and often dropped a few quarts on the floor.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo
                      Meat-Up in Memphis