Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Cook book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Cook book

I used to try to bring the laptop into the kitchen to reference MH's recipes and techniques. A near miss with some molasses prompted me to start a cookbook, as it were. I got a 2" binder (since upgraded to a 3" model) and copied / pasted MH's recipes into a Word template I created. I also have family recipes, stuff from the 'net, TV and whatever other source I find interesting. I have 59 AR recipes in my book and another 25+ assorted recipes. I enclosed all of the pages in page protectors as I tend to get a bit sloppy. I update the recipes as needed, as in when MH updates his stuff. I am going to start another binder with cooking logs. I didn't do these before as I didn't have the Maverick I have now. Too much work to check hourly with a thermometer...lol. Have shared a bunch of these of FB with pics.

Great idea. I'm way too motivationally-challenged (lazy) for that. I put the recipe on my phone and set it atop my microwave for reference. Your way seems better but again...I'm motivationally challenged.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a smart phone so I have to go the dead tree route...lol

For AR recipes, I just have them bookmarked and either have my MacBook or iPad on a countertop I'm not using. For other recipes, I usually clip them into Evernote, which I can access from either of those 2 devices. I have been keeping my cooking logs in Evernote on my iPhone (as I am at this moment for a pork shoulder I've got going). I do use paper recipes when I'm referring to more than 1 at a time.

Comment

Recipe? What's that?

Comment

• ontheranch
        ontheranch commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL LOL LOL

• ontheranch
        ontheranch commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL LOL LOL

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    Rubs Promo
    Meat-Up in Memphis